52. Fifth Backstage Encounter

15/01/22

Melina's 2nd Person POV

"Damn, the weather is perfect today!" Will says out loud to anyone who's in earshot as you are all in the backstage waiting for H.E.R's set to finish so that Will, Kelen, and the rest of the crew can set up for AFI's set.

It's currently 12pm and Gabby is with AFI, in the tour bus. She texted a couple minutes ago informing you that they're heading over to the stage now. At this festival, there are two main stages right next to each other. An artist or group will perform on one stage and right after they finish their set, the next artist or group is on the neighboring stage ready to start their set immediately. So in this case, H.E.R is currently playing on Main-stage 1. As soon as she's done, the next group, set to play, is New Found Glory on Main-stage 2. While New Found Glory performs, the AFI crew will be setting up all the instruments and checking sound. By the time New Found Glory is done, AFI will play immediately after. Not only are there two main stages, but there are multiple little stages set up all around the festival grounds. Attendees can pick and choose who they want to see throughout the day. You've always loved festivals just because you get to see so many talented artists all in one day.

While you are standing backstage enjoying listening to H.E.R, you get a text from Yoongi.

Yoongi:
Turn around!

You do exactly what you read and you spot Yoongi in a loose black t-shirt, black shorts, a bucket hat and sneakers. He's with Hoseok, Namjoon, their managers and three body guards, one of them being Joyeong. You approach them and greet them all. You're happy that they were able to make it out to the festival. The only problem is, you aren't able to show any kind of intimacy with Yoongi for the rest of the day because of the fact that you're both out in the public. Who knows if there will be anyone who can leak footage of the two of you if you are caught being closer than just two mere friends or colleagues. At least, you'll have tonight to have some alone time with Yoongi. Regardless, after AFI's set, you are going to have some free time to enjoy checking out different musical sets with the rap-line and their entourage. You all devised a plan to act as a translator for Yoongi and Hoseok. Yes, Namjoon is fluent, but it's a feasible excuse and there might be times where they will separate, if they want to check out different stages. Gabby and Kelen will also be accompanying you all the whole day, as well.

After AFI's set, you only had to do a few tasks for the band. Davey had to leave straight after because of a family issue and Adam had to fly out to San Francisco to work on a side project. Since they had to leave, Jade decided to just head home with his wife. Hunter and his girlfriend, Erica, are going to enjoy the rest of the festival like the rest of you who are staying. All you had to do first is oversee the crew taking care of the equipment. You and Gabby would have to check on the merch area from time to time, but you know the merch manager, Johnny, and the couple staff members aiding him will have it well under control.

You told Yoongi to go off and explore the grounds with everyone else and assured him that you, Gabby and Kelen will find him when you're done with the equipment, but he refused. He wanted to stay by your side. You didn't want him to get bored, but you also felt special having him keep you company. Hoseok, Namjoon, and their group separate from you all and will keep you all updated on where they are throughout the day. Joyeong remains with you and Yoongi.

When you are in an area where everyone is  storing the equipment in the trailer, another band's crew has their trailer near AFI's. That crew was unloading the equipment to be taken to the main stage area. And, this band is one you know well. In fact, you even know most of the crew members and some of them already noticed you.

This crew, next to yours, works for the band your ex fiancé is in. Gabby, Kelen and Will are aware of the situation. Gabby heads over to where you, Yoongi, and Joyeong are standing.