Chapter 25: Awaited Special Day

Magsimula sa umpisa

I recognised his blue eyes when I gazed at him. I saw how his brows furrowed a little bit when he gazed back at me like he recognised me. I lowered my gaze to his name plate, and there I saw his name: Samuel Walker.

Familiar...

"Yeah, I'll just order this one," I said and pointed my order.

"All right. Just add three dollars, sir."

I gave him my card.

"I'll just wait for you at the table," Demi told me.

I nodded my head.

Afterwards, the manager gave my card back to me. Our gazes met again, and he was really looking at me observantly but there was no rude expression plastered on his face. Hindi ko na lang pinansin. I followed Demi. We waited at the table. After a few minutes, our orders arrived.

"Do you know the guy at the counter? I think he knows you. He was staring at you." Demi told me.

Lumingon naman ako sa counter, ngunit wala na roon ang lalaki. I tried to remember his face, especially his blue eyes. My eyes squinted when I finally remembered who that guy was.

***

"Daddy," Shekinah called me. I was sitting beside her while typing on my laptop.

"Yes?"

"Who's the baby on your phone's lockscreen? He's so cute," she said, which shocked me. I didn't expect that she would see it.

"Uhm..." I didn't know what to say. Should I tell her? I gulped before speaking, "He is... your little brother," I confessed. I didn't want to lie.

"My little brother?" she said confusedly.

"Yes."

"Wow. Really? I wanna meet him someday. Do you have photos of him?" There was excitement in her voice.

"I do."

I got my phone and showed Eli's photos to her. I could see the glow in her eyes while she was staring at Eli's photos. There was also a slight smile on her lips.

"He has a pair of lovely brown eyes. He's so cute, Daddy."

"His name is Eli."

She smiled, "Beautiful name."

"Like yours."

Her facial expression suddenly became confused when she turned to the next picture. I alarmed because it was Fara and Eli on the picture.

"Who's this woman? They have the same eyes. Is she his mother?"

My brows furrowed in wonder. "How can you say that she is the mother when Eli is your little brother? Eli must be your Mommy's son, right?" I tried to measure her understanding.

"But he doesn't look like Mommy. However, I'm so happy to be his sister," she told me with a genuine smile on her lips.

I just heaved a sigh.

She is a smart kid.

***

Shekinah's awaited special day finally came. Everybody in the house was very excited for it.

I got a message from the organizer that the venue was now ready, but Shekinah wasn't yet ready. I was just watching Demi and Tita Lizah wearing the angel costume on her. It was a pure white long dress with wings that is full of white feathers. She was bald so Demi put a brown, glossy and curly wig on her. Shekinah looked so happy as she stared at her reflection on the mirror. She loved her costume so much. She really looked like an angel.