He chuckles at my abrupt question. "It was Hobi. Apparently he noticed that photo in Joon's office and asked how he knew him."

"Does Namjoon know he's at my place then?"

"To an extent. Hobi just told him he was a student at the college on Chanyeol's floor at the dorm and he offered him the opportunity to help you while you were out of town. Hobi didn't know the full story of course. I think that can only come from you."

"I was thinking the same thing..." I say looking over at him.

He pulls his lips into a tight line, giving a slow nod, showing he understands what I'm referring to.

I was inferring that I can really only get the full story of what happened between he and Jungkook from him, just as he can only get the full story from me about how myself and Jungkook are now connected.

"He may be ready to see Namjoon but I know he's not ready to see-"

"He's not ready to see either of you," I interject.

He moves his head towards me quickly at this looking surprised. "Did he say that?"

"Not in so many words. I offered him a job as my assistant and he asked if he would have to see Namjoon. I told him if he decided to accept the job I would not make him do anything he wasn't comfortable with.

"It seems that seeing Namjoon is something he is indeed not comfortable with right now. I would imagine that's probably the case for you as well."

He nods again. He attempts to continue with his questions but instead opens and closes his mouth a few times as he tries to gather his thoughts. I decide it might just be easier if I tell him the whole story. I would have to do it eventually anyway.

"Let me start from the beginning," I let out a deep breath before continuing.

I go on to explain when I first saw Jungkook in the café in Daegu and didn't know where I recognized him from.

I clarified that I wasn't aware that Jungkook was so complexly connected to things the way he is.

From the connection to Jin and Namjoon to him happening to be the student (out of the dozens he had spoken with in the same day in the exact same situation with their housing no less) Yeol had found to replace Baekhyun. It was all completely coincidental.

I told him about how shocked I was when Jungkook first walked into my apartment and I recognized him as who I saw in the café, which also turned out to be the boy in the picture with Namjoon.

I was in such disbelief that the boy in the picture and this person standing in my living room, the kid who has been staying in my apartment, were all one and the same that I tried to call Namjoon immediately to confirm the boy's name.

When he didn't answer I thought to call Jin.

"And you knew to call me because Namjoon told you about JK and I..." He says with a skeptical crease in his brows.

"Yes, but not in detail. Just enough for me to understand how you fit into his personal falling out with Jungkook."

"Okay." Is all he replies with.

I watch him for a few seconds and it doesn't seem like he has any plan to elaborate. So I leave it alone. If he wanted to talk about it he would continue to speak.

He didn't need to, but he for some reason felt the need to clarify his lack of explanation.

"I hope you understand that it's not that I don't trust you or anything like that. I just want JK to be the first one I explain myself to. He deserves that. I-I was horrible to him," he says as a tear falls onto his cheek.

"I don't even deserve for him to talk to me. I wasn't going to force myself or Namjoon on him. I wanted him to talk to us when, if ever, he was ready to do so. But my cousin took it upon himself to make the meeting happen whether myself, Joonie or JK were ready for it or not.

"My cousin, JK's best friend Taehyung, and their other friend Jimin wanted to play what they thought would be a little prank on him and not mention that Joonie and I would be at Tae's house when they came to pick him up in Daegu on their way here..."

He pauses as he makes a realization. "In fact, if you saw JK in Daegu in a café... was it Soo's Café?"

"I believe so. Why?"

"Tae lived close to that place. I think you saw JK the same day that he was so disturbed by myself and Joonie's appearance," he sputters with wide eyes.

"Then later that day, when they got to the campus, he was told that his dorm was no longer available, which is when Yeol offered him to stay and watch my place for me until I got back..." I add with a sad voice.

Holy shit, this poor kid. What a hellish day.

No wonder he told me on the phone earlier that day that he was just happy to have somewhere to sleep.

Something as bare minimum as a bed was enough to end that shitty day in a not so shitty way.

I wish I could have done more. I need to do more.

"Oh my God. All of this happened in one day?" His bottom lip starts quivering.

He had to deal with all of that basically at once. I don't know him very well, but the thought of him having to go through all of this makes me sick. I feel awful for him.

"Yoongi, we don't have to see him. Not until he is ready, but please let us know how he is doing when you can. We still care for him so much. Joonie still loses sleep over what happened. Please take care of him. He is a good kid that has had close people, close friends, hurt him deeply. He deserves so much better," he says with tears in his eyes.

"I plan on doing everything I possibly can for him. He just has to let me."

Silence settles between us again as we are both in our own thoughts about Jungkook.

"When will you be going back tonight?" He asks as he stands up.

"Well, I wasn't planning on being home until after one..." I look down at my watch as I stand up as well. "But I'll probably get going now. I can pick up where I've left off tomorrow."

"Do you even have your bed yet? If you need to stay at our place we do have an extra room."

"I had my mattress sitting in the box in my room since before I left on my trip so I'm okay. I unboxed it and rolled it out before I came in today so it could decompress or whatever magical shit it does. All I should have to do is get the sheets put on. Thank you though," I say with a smile.

"Oh good. Well let me know if there is anything we can do for him or for you. And again, thank you," he says as he starts getting the food containers gathered to take with him to discard.

After he has all the bags packed up he says one last thank you and leaves the studio.

Not long after Jin has left I take out my phone and send a quick message to Jungkook.

I'll be leaving the company soon
to head home. You may be asleep
but I just wanted to let you know.