part 47

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Uughh.." I complained, rubbing my cheek against the crystal glass display of expensive jewelry. "Why are we here again?" I asked, tapping my fingers over the casing's surface as if they were walking toys.

"I'm looking for a ring." Keigo spoke in the distance, conversating with one of the boutique employees that hadn't yet noticed the fact I was breaking rules. I slouched my back, glaring down at the oval larimar necklaces.

"Of course, sir. Do you have any preferences?" she asked, her brunette hair gathered into a tight formal bun. I could see my face in the glass, my (Y/E/C) eyes staring right back at me. Smears of prints were left dirtying the arrays after I glided my fingertips over.

"Yo, (Y/N)!" Keigo called, alerting me and making me stand up on my tippy-toes once more. "You're my assistant, right? So, what ring should I get?"

"You already have so much jewelry.." I muttered, leaving behind the jaw-dropping necklaces that resembled the turquoise sea. I played with the splitting tips of my hair, twirling the strands around my index finger out of boredom. "But, hmm."

"Rose gold and opal rings are one of my favorites-"

"Rose gold and opal, then! Did'ya hear that, miss?" he beamed up, excitedly prancing over to a spotlighted showcase in the boutique. Though I take that back, because it was so bright that I could barely look up.

Marble floorings and quartz countertops, those were typically the centerpieces of jewelry stores. One couldn't forget the dark oak ceilings, too. I could see every rainbow reflection radiating off the surrounding diamonds, proving their authenticity.

"Before you look into our selection, may I ask if this is for the lady?" the employee asked Keigo, causing me to struggle in order to retain a laugh. I felt the blinding lights gleam onto my forehead, as I covered my mouth and pretended to lightly cough.

"Naahh." he shook his head, showing off his right hand which was decorated in jewelry. Keigo's nails were painted an onyx black, and his knuckles were encased in glimmering silver jewelry. "It's for me." he rattled his designer watch, chuckling.

I yawned and watched back, as Keigo sorted through the velvet cylinder displays. He also examined every ring beneath the spotless glass, checking every minor detail and crevice. The working employee bantered on, talking about other options advertised nearby.

"This one!" he signaled, making me lean forward and sneak a glimpse at the one he was talking about. Its opal diamond shone into the squint of my eye, and the ring itself looked like artwork torn from a rococo fantasy. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"That one is a 1.68 carat diamond with 14k rose gold." the worker hummed, carefully taking out the delicate ring. She reached it up to Keigo and I, yet I still couldn't comprehend the fact it was real.

"How do you feel about it?" he nudged my shoulder, laughing in my ear under the dangling chandeliers. I rolled my eyes and scoffed quietly, crossing my arms and grinning down at the floor. "Eeh, eh?"

"The ring is beautiful." I mumbled, the two of us watching patiently as the employee bagged up the pretty jewel. Keigo's credit card was swiped into the machine, the four digit code typing out onto its digital screen.