part 44

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

My bare toes curled into the sharp wisps of grass, the hem of my plaid dress flying upwards with every gust of wind. Keigo had dragged me out to the beautiful countryside of Paris, which was blanketed over with daring plains of subtle rolling hills.

I swung my right hand back and forth, the woven fiber basket swaying along with my motion. We had packed it with sandwiches and fruit just the night prior, and by that I meant we stole a bunch of goodies from the hotel's buffet.

"Now, this is what I'm talking about!" Keigo groaned loudly, reaching out his hands and falling back onto the cushioned soil.

I knelt down, my knees falling against the bundles of bright tulips. Our picnic blanket glided throughout the air, settling down and needing to be flattened. Keigo ran throughout the fields, feeling the breeze through his every feather.

"Woohoo!" he yelled, soaring up into the air and doing twirls in the sky. I covered my squinted eyes with a saluting hand, grinning up at the free hero. "These plains go on for miles, (Y/N)!"

"Yeah, yeah." I giggled, opening up our basket and shuffling throughout the packed meals. The weather was perfect, not too hot or cold. Even the sun restrained its glares on this certain day, the steady wind tickling my arms.

The grass was lush and green, tulip meadows and ranges of golden sunflowers stretching on till the ends of earth. An uproar of heavy whirlwinds appeared as Keigo began to land, yet they weren't strong enough to send our setup flying.

He laid back onto my folded thighs, holding the weight of his head inside layered palms. "Quit staring at my double-chin!" I laughed, playing with his soft streaks of hair.

"Everyone has one, y'know? Even me." he tilted his head down, forming three chins and messing up his groomed scruff.

"Silly, birdie. That's three!" I continued, tickling his tripled neck and flicking it gently with the tip of my finger.

"Heyy, don't call me birdie." he scoffed, but I just passed his complaint off as a joke. I twisted my body to the side, reaching into the woven basket filled with treats.

"Well, let's dig in!" I held up two sandwiches, hoping that the packaging had retained their freshness. Sheets of ham and lettuce were the contents, along with a coat of mayo and a few slices of cheese.

Keigo sat up, his teeth sinking into the white bread of the sandwich. I scooted away, afraid of the loud smacking noises that he would eventually start making. "Damn, the hotel makes good sandwiches!" he murmured.

"Make sure you have some fruit, too." I giggled, picking away at my sandwich and chewing it slowly, so that I could enjoy it thoroughly. Keigo kicked his legs out, flexing his feet and acting all giddy.

We sat together and indulged in the tasty meals, occasionally pointing our index fingers towards every noticeable sight in view. Keigo cracked up jokes, and it was nice to see his words revolve around something other than work for a change.

Flocks of birds flew throughout the clear sky, the shivering breeze shaking every blooming flower ahead of us. Keigo finished his last bite of red watermelon, gulping down the hydrating fruit.

"Come on, (Y/N)!" he stood up, extending forth his hand and reaching back at me. My stomach was filled to the brim with tangy oranges and sweet apples, so I was in no place to be running.

I clung on dearly, my bare feet stumbling over and almost tripping as my knees trembled. One of my hands were wrapped around my bloated stomach, helping with support. Keigo ran down the hill we had picnicked on.

"My stomach hurts.." I groaned, the thin stems of tulips tickling my bare ankles. Keigo fluttered his wings, his hysterical laughter ringing my ears like air chimes. "I think I had too many sandwiches."

He spun me like that time at the ball, twirling my pleated dress and pulling me near. "Oh, really?" he smirked, grabbing underneath my thighs and picking me up like a fairytale princess. "Guess I'll have to man up and carry you, huh?"

"Yeaah!" I giggled, nuzzling my face into his chest. "My knight in shining armor." my feet bounced up and down with each racing step he took, his touch hypnotic and carefree.

"I'd rather be your prince." Keigo blushed, his mouth filling with the taste of sour candy. We ventured into a never-ending field of flowers, the bustling tulips merely avoiding Keigo's sprinting feet.

"You already are my prince, silly!" I squealed, my world becoming small and encasing in on me. Even now, Keigo made my heart skip more than a healthy amount of beats. I could hear his every breath, and feel the surreal sensation when our fingers touched.

"Didn't I just hear you call me, what was it?" he began to slow down, falling onto his covered knees and gentle laying me back down against the colorful ground. "You know, your knight n' shining armor?"

My surroundings filled with the vision of towering grass, I felt so small within this vast plain. "Why can't you be both, hmm?" I giggled, bending my knees and watching as Keigo's longing lips came near.

His fingers locked with mine, mutual salty tears of happiness slowly dripping down our cheeks. Keigo's kisses were like magic, scenes torn from the drafts of fantasy movies. I snuck a peek at him in the midst of our parting lips, just checking to see if this was real.

"I love you." he whispered, the smile on his face was dangerously contagious. The sun was beginning to set, causing the sky to grow bruised and purple. Yet all I could see was him, the trembling man in front of my eyes.

I smashed my lips back onto his, the moment electric. Keigo flapped his wings out of excitement, nearly picking our bodies off the ground. "I love you too." I tried not to sniffle, awkward laughs crawling out of my throat.

He was my only reason for happiness, the only thing that drove me to look forward to each passing day. Even though my package hadn't come with wings, Keigo made me feel as if I could fly.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; hey, everyone! this part was really cute, i enjoyed writing it a whole ton

i try to publish at least one part a day, but tomorrow i'm being taken to a mental health institution for an evaluation and if anything goes unplanned i might not be able to post a part tomorrow?

i'll try my best though, so thank you! i love you all so much, writing has really helped me and i'm glad that i have the opportunity to share it with you guys lol

credit to: wegdrw on Twitter
words: 1150

credit to: wegdrw on Twitterwords: 1150