part 48

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Hey, no peeking!" I yelled, shielding my body and sneaking a caught glimpse out of the bathroom door.

"What? It's nothing I haven't seen before." Keigo laughed, yet continued to respect my privacy. He pranced outside of the door, tapping the heads of his chestnut loafers against the glazed wooden floorboards.

"Well, I want it to be a surprise." I whispered, fixing up the minor details of my dressed appearance. Keigo's warm chuckles rocked my heart from outside the door, his gentle voice making me squeal in silence.

"Alright, then. Take your time, beautiful." he knocked one last time, catching my attention and making sure I heard his words. I covered my cheeks with my fingers, the sour taste of lemon proving to be annoying.

"Long time no see, velvet dress." I sighed, patting down the delicate stitching of my usual formal wear. One could never go wrong with a sleek red, the hugging dress accentuated my curves and made every roll look more pretty than they already were.

This certain gift never let me down, actually it became one of my favorite garments to wear. Keigo constantly offered to make expensive purchases for other gowns, though this one seemed to have a bit of sentimental value.

I twirled the ends of my hair around my index finger and got up onto my tippy toes, closing the distance between my face and the spotless mirror. I snuck a glance into my nostrils, furrowing my eyebrows and making sure they were all clear.

"Perfect!" I grinned, setting aside the clacking containers of makeup and skincare products. Doing one last twirl, I relaxed my shoulders and took a deep breath. "This is it, huh?"

"(Y/N)! You ready?" Keigo yelled from afar, making me flinch slightly. I nodded my head as if he could see, before twisting open the metallic doorknob and rushing outside of the bathroom.

He beamed with joy when he saw me, his fingers rubbing over the groomed scruff on his chin. "Ready." I smiled, trying my best to avoid all eye contact. Keigo had seen me in this dress millions of times, but something felt different.

Keigo took me by the hand, twirling me into a spin and pulling me close. The hem of my dress glided up my thighs, making my knees tremble as our heartbeats pounded together. I felt my stomach fluttering, my feet wishing they could fly.

"You're missing something, though." he whined, making me tilt my head to the side. I chuckled and boosted my shoulders, shaking my head in confusion. Keigo cupped my face within his hands, leaning forward and teasingly grazing the bulb of his nose against mine.

"And what's that?" I whispered, the peeling skin off his lips rubbing the corners of my mouth. Keigo tugged my waist, our hips hitting as I slowly looked up into his glistening eyes. "Liquid gold." I chuckled, the shade between our foreheads hiding my blush.

"Hey now, don't stare too deeply into my eyes." he started, that same catchphrase that I remembered from months ago. Our lips moved in sync, like an orchestrated symphony.

"Or you might fall in love." we murmured, breaking out into laughter afterwards.

"It's a bit late for that." I looked to the side, my palms sweaty as my knees nearly collapsed against the pro hero. Keigo wrapped me within his arms and vermilion wings, embracing me tightly and keeping his mouth zipped.