part 73

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Aki ran into my arms, the taillights of our expensive SUV blinding my left eye. He flapped his wings rapidly and couldn't stop giggling, not after what Keigo had told him earlier up in the penthouse.

"My luggage is all ready!" he showered my cheeks with kissing pecks, his arms reaching out and his crimson feathers fluttering with the current of the breeze. "All ready, all ready, all ready!" I laughed at his excitement.

"Did you pack your underwear?" I asked and dragged my words, making a silly face at the toddler. "And how about a toothbrush?" all of Aki's products were decorated with the face of his father, plastered right onto the package.

"Yuuup." he burped in my face, making me lean back and yelp. "Oopsie, sorry! Papa gave me a soda lollipop." my jaw dropped, while I instantly twisted my head to face Keigo.

Not to my surprise, though, he had been lapping his tongue over a grape-flavored soda candy this entire time. Fixing the padding of the driver's seat, he didn't even notice what had just happened near the back of our trunk.

".. Keigo." I tried not to laugh, Aki copying after me and glancing towards the pro hero with a mean eye. "You gave a three year old fizzy candy in the middle of the night?!"

"Oh come on, Ak!" he complained not to me, but to the toddler himself. "You snitched on me? I told you to keep it a secret!" I was practically invisible, a background character that had been come up at the last minute.

Aki blew raspberries and flailed his hands out, mocking an exhausted Keigo. We both had stayed up for the entirety of the long night, prepping our swift runaway and totally not making out in a convenience store parking lot.

I yawned loudly and used my quirk to float our other belongings into the back, before covering my mouth and yanking the car door open. I melted into the cushioned backseats, all of Aki's fluffy blankets already waiting for me when I arrived.

"Wooaah, mama has a quirk?!" Aki seemed ecstatic to hear the news that should've been obvious, but I just tried to block out all of their constant bickering. However, I couldn't help but eavesdrop on their pathetic argument.

"What do you mean? Of course she has a quirk, Ak!" Keigo laughed.

"But she just looks so plain, like a dry biscuit." this one I wheezed at.

"A dry biscuit?!" Keigo tried not to join in on the harmless fun, but his choice wouldn't have hurt me anyways. "Oh my god, Ak- Aki boy."

"She has no wings, no cool horns, and no fluffy tail!"

I yawned into the comfortable leather, my fingers clutching onto Aki's washed blanket. I closed my eyes and let my mouth hang ajar, but I still couldn't fall asleep. Swirling my finger over the delicate stitching, I smiled at all of the possibilities of our new life.

What our future house was going to look like, all of the awesome places to visit in Keigo's hometown, I was clueless to just about every factor. A part of me even wondered how we were going to make Aki's beginning hero life work.

"Some quirks don't alter your appearance, Ak." Keigo groaned, sweeping the toddler up into his muscular arms. I wish I could borrow some of that kid's energy, but I knew that it was just impossible to do so.

"So, what quirk does Mama have?" the door beside me flung open, and Aki was delicately placed next to me. He locked his arms around the back of the passenger seat, constantly bouncing his feet and shaking the car.

Keigo whisked his feathers towards the back, picking up the kid-sized blanket and covering my freezing shoulders with it. I blushed and acted as if I was just changing positions, but it was just to hide my sour cheeks.

"She's totally psychic, kid." Keigo adjusted the rearview mirror, watching with a smirk as Aki's jaw basically dropped to the ground. After a few prolonged seconds of endless stares, Keigo chuckled. "Close your mouth, Ak! Or a roach will fly in."

Aki screamed at the word "roach" and tugged on the tips of his blonde hair, his feet just about ready to zoom off the edge of the back car-seat. "No, no, no! Not a roach, please!" Keigo did more harm than good with that simple tease.

But it didn't stop, because Keigo continued to drag on the roach joke. "Yeah, one's gonna fly in and poop on your teeth." I floated up the empty water bottle that had been sitting in the cup holder, before gently whacking Keigo in the face with it.

No sign I threw at Aki was noticed, not even the light bottle hit that I had just attempted. His head was conveniently turned away all of the time, rendering all of our hinting tries as failed experiments.

"Oh? You're awake?" Keigo opened up his complicated thoughts, allowing me to see into his brain. I went with the secrecy act, staying silent and only communicating with him via my telepathy power.

"Yeah, and I heard what you guys were bickering about outside." I jokingly scoffed, an unwipable smile planted across my face. "A dry biscuit, really?"

"You gotta admit, the kid's a comedian!" Keigo laughed, making me giggle. However, this time Aki noticed, and he finally came running back near my face. "Rest in peace." Keigo started up the car, cutting off his thoughts and leaving me without help.

"Oh, my god! You are psychic, mama." Aki lifted up strands of my hair, talking into my ear as if I couldn't hear him. "So, does that mean you can read my mind?!" and he finally caught on, making me regret ever agreeing to this in the first place.

And shortly after, here came the tsunami of chicken clucking and cawing crows. Just like his father in Paris, I had to deal with the skyrocketing amount of animal noise imitations. "Oh, by the way!-"

"You know when Papa farted, and we made him sit in the naughty corner for an entire hour?!" Aki began to laugh hysterically, his lips accidentally touching my ear- because that's how close he was.

"It was me! I lied and blamed it on him."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; someone PLEASE control Aki, this kid is wild omg..

writing his lines is so fun, i always laugh at them LMFAOOO CRAZY ASS KID

credit: Kohei Horikoshi
words: 1092