part 34

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Hummm." I mumbled to myself, shuffling through the small stack of heartfelt letters. They always arrived early in the morning, fresh out of the post office. Keigo had been making it a routine to send them daily, and I always looked forward to reading whatever he had to say.

My arm slung over the edge of the couch, turning tingly and pale after the blockage of blood circulation. It had been three days since Keigo ventured off to the countryside, so there were three letters that I had received. I couldn't stop reading them, nor could I settle the mail aside.

"Hey, beautiful! I just wanted to let you know that I arrived here safely, hopefully you don't miss me too much. With love, Keigo." I read to myself, the tips of my splitting hair scrunching together as I flipped my body over.

Passing the first letter aside, I smiled at each word which had been printed upon the delicate paper. "The countryside is really something else! Every local here has been great, but I feel like it would get lonely after a while, y'know? Your dearest, Keigo."

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I mumbled, pressing the tip of my index finger against the sharp corner of the letter. "I'm glad you're alright." I gripped onto the vermilion feather attached to my necklace.

It was approaching evening, the bright colors of the sky turning dim and dark. Without Keigo, it got lonely up here- tens of stories above the ground. Though, his postcards gave me a sense of comfort. His third and latest letter was my favorite, it made me realize how dense this guy was.

"(Y/N), I have this crazy theory. You know what a penguin is, right? Of course you do, but anyways! You've heard about the government spying on us through devices, right? Well, just think about it. Penguins aren't real, they're actually robots and government spies! Can you believe that? Confused, Keigo."

I couldn't stop laughing, shutting my mouth closed and curling my legs up into a ball. The man thought penguins were robots, and not just that, full on government spies. And yet he always complained about Endeavor's hopeless mind.

The hem of my dress reached the midway mark of my thigh, dangling off the couch. Ochako, Tsuyu, and I had plans for tonight. It was just a simple dinner, that's all. I wish I could write back letters to Keigo, but I don't think there was a possible way.

I snuck a look at the digital clock on my phone, the time instantly making me jump off the comfortable sofa. "Shoot!" I worried, fixing the undone pillows and swiping off the dust atop my picnic dress. "It's already 6PM?!" I set aside the meaningful letters.

"Crap, crap, crap!" I yanked my leather purse off the tall hanger, slipping my two feet into a pair of expensive dress sandals. "They're probably already at the restaurant!" I whined, my thumbs fiddling and desperately trying to unlock the heavy front door.

"Man, and I thought that I was good with times." I laughed at myself, the back of my thighs flashing as I dashed down the narrow hallway in stilettos. After a while, one could get used to the constant unsteadiness.

The corridor was golden, but I never took the time to actually admire it in full glory. Tall pillars and tiered ceilings, it only made sense towards Keigo's penthouse. I picked up my feet as I ran, a constant pattern allowing me to stay afloat.

Dialing in the lobby button, I smashed it into the wall. Surprisingly, the two hadn't texted me anything regarding my late arrival, so I decided to make the first move. "Hey, guys! Sorry, but I lost track of time."

"I'll be right there!" and sent, the elevator descending past tens of floors. It never got old, every experience felt like the first. I still wasn't used to the massive wealth the man had, even though the two of us had been living together for over 4 years.

I glided past the working employees, surprised they were still attending shifts this late. The twinkling chandeliers from above attached golden strings to my arms, allowing me to move swiftly.

It was like I was flying, soaring throughout the air with Keigo by my side. I had never felt so light on my feet, but I was in a rush. Racing towards the front door, I barely slipped through, my body allowed by a fitting crevice.

"I wonder what your next letter will be like." I smiled, trickling the tips of my fingers over Keigo's delicate crimson feather. He was able to live through his quirk, the ability to see, hear- and feel.

"You can feel the vibrations in the air, right? So you can hear my every breaths, and maybe even what I'm saying right now." I whispered, making sure nobody was peeking.

There was no hired limo or driver to escort me to the restaurant, I had to do it by myself. I never complained, in fact- it didn't bother me at all. Sometimes it was good to take a quick breather, in order for me to feel comfortable.

Keigo's extreme wealth never sat that well with me, I guess one could say I hadn't adapted to it yet. It felt surreal, being able to purchase whatever you desired and having the power to travel to anywhere in the world.

Those things only existed in dreams, the civilians of Japan spent majority of their time working. We only had a single day off, but even some spend that break at home- sitting in front of a computer and increasing their paycheck.

I'm sure I'll get used to it soon, but that time isn't now. Maybe it won't come for a few days, or even possibly another set of years. I gazed down at the feather, which rested limply upon my chest.

"If you can hear this, Hawks." I mumbled through the slight part in my lips, shunning my face away from the crowded street. "Beat those villains, alright? Give them an ass whooping!" I laughed.

"And come back to me soon."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; if you listen to Yuri on ICE by Taro Umebayashi on spotify i guarantee you'll write like 10x faster and better this song is so beautiful

credit to: ddearhunters on Twitter
words: 1067