part 10

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Time went on, and years passed. I graduated from U.A and became an official pro hero, but I've never put in the effort to climb ranks. I never admired All Might or Endeavor, like other kids did. Instead, I just wanted to live free, being able to patrol and relax whenever I pleased or wished to. Maybe that's why Hawks and I grew to be so close, or at least that's what I wanted to happen.

He had been wrung dry over the past four years, sometimes I was amazed to be around him, knowing that he was still living strong. A few years ago, Hawks went temporarily quirkless. A villain that went by the name of Dabi fried his back, he almost experienced permanent damage after the intense burns. Shit went down, to put it easy for you.

But things didn't change around here after that. At first it was fun, doing daily chores and hanging out with the pro hero in his fancy dressing rooms. However, I got bored, really bored. I agreed to join Hawks so we could train, so that I could improve my quirk and turn it into something mind blowing, perhaps literally. Though over the past four years, training days were as rare as celebrated events.

In the hero world, it was unheard of to exactly get a day off. That's why I found Hawks' ideology so fascinating, he was just like me. Both of us wanted to live free, an easy live filled with extra time and occasionally, careless moments. I felt like I hadn't been allowed or given the chance to show my true potential, but I guess it was fine.

I lived with Hawks, anyways. It turns out that the top floor was actually a penthouse, his penthouse. The man was so infatuated with himself, he was able to afford a skyscraping tower and live in it too. With him, I was able to work and survive comfortably. Sometimes I even received gifts from the pro, for apparently being the "best assistant in the world".

Our relationship was nothing more than casual friends, he didn't even trust me enough to tell me his real name. But then again, that was top secret. We took turns for who would cook meals, but other than that I sort of did everything else. From applying his famous makeup, or accompanying him on hero events, we lived together and treated each other as mere acquaintances.

"How many eggs do you want?!" I yelled, twisting my neck back as I picked up bottles of olive oil and glass jars of seasoning with my quirk. The cast-iron pan was frying, terrifying popping oil splashing out as I tried to lower the immense heat. The smell of cooked breakfast motivated me to continue, because I eventually wanted to make a serving for myself. Warmth from the morning sun shone onto my back, lighting up my hair and tanning the skin on my arms.

"Two! Make them fried." Hawks responded, a few of his vermillion feathers speeding out the dressing room and picking leftover chapstick and napkins up off the kitchen table. I sighed and listened to his word, flipping over two egg yolks as I began to cook the other side.

My legs stood unsteady, trembling as I continued to blink despite the eye crust which hadn't received the chance to be washed off yet. After I topped off the golden yolks with supplements and needed vitamins, I kept my mouth shut as I allowed it to sit, waiting for the pro hero to pick it up.

Hawks stumbled out of his dressing room, still fluffing up his hair with a gentle comb. He nearly tripped and fell to the side, but with the help of his quirk, that never actually happened. "Looks great!" he smiled, picking up the glass dish off the glazed surface of the wooden kitchen table.

"Mhm." I quietly nodded my head, the hero stuffing his mouth full of steaming breakfast. Curling my fingers against each other, I hung my head low and allowed my hair to fall in front of my face. I didn't have time for myself anymore, Hawks called me his assistant, but I felt like a working maid without pay. As he munched and gobbled the food I had made him, he still tried to talk through the slight part in his lips.

"I'm running late today, so-" he smacked, the arch in my back curving over the sharp edge of the marble counters. "Can you be on service duty?"

"Mhm." I responded, agreeing to whatever he said. Eventually he finished, a huge gulp streaming down his throat as he grabbed a quick glass of water. I didn't want to look up at him, nor did I want to lock eyes or see his handsome face. Besides, the bright sun was already inflicting enough damage against my retinas. Hawks adjusted the collar of his jacket, the ticking sound of his yellow shades hitting against his face.

"That's what I like to hear! Breakfast was delicious, by the way." he complimented me, but after so long none of them ever worked. I continued to bob my head, at least I didn't have to go through the lengthy process of applying his makeup and drawing on eyeliner.

"Do I look good?" he turned around, flashing me the intricate stitching of his coat and baggy trousers. Though when I looked up to prove I was somewhat listening, the hero was right in front of me, his golden eyes staring directly into mine. I rubbed my waterline, blinking in order to clear my vision.

"You always look good, handsome bastard." were the words I wanted to say, but I couldn't. I just nodded my head, up and down. His public image meant the most to him, after that would be his skyrocketing reputation. Hawks' face was poreless, his perfect skin automatically covered with a morning glow. He blew up whatever blonde strands fell and covered his forehead, trying to comb it back with his fingers and adjust it to perfection.

"Great!" he patted down my clothed shoulder. "Anyways, I've gotta go." his mobile phone began to vibrate and hum, a call incoming.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i know this part is super boring but i suck at timeskips. just think of it as like.. a filler?? something to help you recap idk

i've been busy with tests this week since uhh it's my last week of school before christmas break!!

also the overwatch holiday update came out so i'm binge playing that, i need loot boxes

credit to: n9poison on Twitter
words: 1109