part 59

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

His light footsteps skipped behind me, a tugging weight on the hem of my wrinkled pajama shorts. I yawned into my fingertips, the aroma of sizzling bacon and waffle batter only making me hungrier.

I stretched my back, a few pops coming out of the arch. Keigo's apron was decorated with sunflowers and flamingos, an odd combination, but he loved it. He played multitask with his feathers, almost using every appliance in the kitchen at once.

Golden sunlight shone through our curtains, leaving shadow streaks along the wooden floor. Fluffy clouds drifted throughout the vast arctic skies, creating recognizable shapes that I personally loved to discuss.

It had been a few years since Paris, and life for the two of us was just getting started. So, if this was the routine that I had to face every morning for the rest of my life- I really wouldn't mind at all. In fact, I'd be happy with it.

The tips of Keigo's wings fluttered, almost reaching the ground. He looked at me with a smile, our living room illuminated by nothing but natural light. "Well, look who decided to get up early."

"Pshh!" I laughed, locking my pinky finger with Aki's. His chubby hands were the greatest stress relievers, a type of squishy toy that one couldn't find at their generic department store. "You should be thanking him." I referred.

The goosebumps lining my arms quickly faded away- vanished, as soon as I approached closer towards the heated stove. "Bacon, as usual?" I leaned over, my hands locked behind my back. "Smells good!"

Keigo flicked off the temperature, setting aside a separate serving platter of bacon and waffles. I danced around the kitchen, holding a link between Aki and me. That's when Keigo stepped in, a jealous smirk painted across his canvas of a face.

"Alright, come here you little birdie!" he laughed, stealing away the toddler and boosting him up high into the sky. Aki took after his father, his feather stems still growing out like tree branches. However, I didn't see any sign of my quirk in the mix.

I picked off a few pieces of crispy bacon, followed by a single waffle. "Where's the maple syrup?" I asked, because I could never imagine having such a treat without that essential ingredient. The two "men" of the household then walked over, sliding their bottoms into the chairs.

"I dunno." Keigo laughed in my face, the glow on his cheeks shining brighter than ever before. It was approaching summertime, which surprisingly decreases the villain crime rates. Therefore, Keigo was able to come home more than often.

"So, anyways." he continued, taking a big bite out of a chewy piece of flavorful bacon. "I'll be using telepathy to talk for a bit, is that alright?" he requested of me, his thoughts hitting my brain and causing a minor ache.

"Of course, what's up?" I reached my hand over the table, our fingers locking together and Keigo's honey-blonde strands of hair falling in front of his handsome face.

"I've been assigned to another mission, and it's pretty far away, too." his words sounded as if he was speaking through the tight grit of his pearly white teeth. I curled my toes and gripped on harder, looking at him with a specific eye.

"Why didn't you wanna say it in front of Aki?" I asked, sneaking a quick glance over at the toddler who was too busy digging into his small plate of mini waffles. "He's only three, and he doesn't know anything about these missions."

"Because it's dangerous, alright? This one- this damn mission is fucking dangerous." I dropped my fork to those words of his, the metallic clank hurting my ears and thankfully not creating a crack in the glass.

"Who else is going? Deku, or- or Endeavor?! You guys are the top three, damnit." I didn't want to chew anymore, in case Keigo mentioned or said something that even had the slightest hint of importance.

"Yeah, we all are." Keigo said, a feeling of relief soothing my speeding heart that was ready to drop off the edge.

"Then, you'll be fine, right?" I worried, my eyes examining our home and struggling to imagine it without another member. "Right?"

"You don't have to worry about a thing, (Y/N)." he chuckled faintly, yet I could glimpse through the lie. "Do you remember?" Keigo asked me, glaring me in the eye with that sharp look of his.

"Remember what?" I accidentally said out loud, though it was only a quiet whisper. Aki curled his small body into a ball, closing his eyes and cupping his face with his gentle hands. He was a sleeper, that's for sure.

"What I told you in Paris, silly!" he laughed, the tips of our fingers disconnecting and pulling away from each other. "Come on, you're younger than me- you should know this!" he teased, making me chuckle lightly and forget about the situation.

"Naahh, you're gonna have to refresh my memory." I brought my cold fingers up to my chapped lips, picking at the drying skin and feeling a somewhat speck of pain. My head began to ache even more, the cons of telepathy wearing me out.

"You were scared, kept rambling on bout' how I might lose to some villain one day." a lightbulb illuminated in my head, the scenery from the past and all of the forgotten moments rushing back into my thoughts.

"But I told you that would never happen, in fact, I promised it wouldn't!" he continued to cackle, while I experienced another morning yawn. I covered my mouth and shielded my face away, still too nervous to look him in the eye.

"Oh, yeah!" I nodded my head in agreement, my eyes directing to the left side and admiring the young snoozing toddler that had fallen asleep so quickly. "There was a reason you said it, too."

"Eyy, see?! Knew you were smarter than that." I rolled my eyes to Keigo's tease, a mutual share of soft chuckles filling the room. "Anyways, I said it because, if you remember-"

"You and I are forever, aren't we?" he closed his eyes and smiled at me.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i could've played danganronpa but instead i published three damn parts for yall.. worth it asf

i used to be so bad at timeskips but i think i'm getting better? dunno!!

me to all of my readers:

credit to: Kohei Horikoshi words: 1080

words: 1080