part 23

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Tonight, Hawks was on cooking duty. I danced around the living room, our waltz scene repeating in my head. "Can't stop me, can't stop me! No, no!" I sang loudly, my voice cracking in pitch as I ran behind the pro hero.

"Whatcha cooking?" I asked, whispering into Hawks' pierced ear as I explored the front of his chest with my hands. "Smells good!"

"Chicken stir-fry, it's one of my favorites!" Hawks responded, the savory aroma of toasted vegetables and teriyaki sauce almost making me salivate. I released my grip from around him, hopping back onto the glazed counter-tops.

I twiddled with my thumbs, swinging my dangling legs as my stomach growled loudly. Hawks was an amazing chef, always battering me on how I sliced carrots. His feathers were strong enough to withstand the heat, so he used them to aid in his culinary arts.

"Can you do me a favor?" he asked without turning around, catching my attention. I was just about to go shower, but I guess another chore wouldn't be too much work.

"Sure! What do you need?" I asked, sliding my way off the sharp edge. I wiped my greasy forehead, brushing my hair behind my ears.

"There's a file in my office that I need, may you go fetch that for me? It's in a green folder." he requested, to which I hummed and wandered off into the hallway. It would be bothersome to question him, so I didn't even try.

At the end of the narrow hallway lied his office, it was locked most of the time. I usually stayed out of it, since Hawks' work was private and undercover for a reason. He was constantly travelling, rarely free from tedious hero work and side jobs.

From city to city, it seemed like he was in high demand almost everywhere. At first I wasn't included on the trips, since I was still a student. But now, he was more lenient with letting me accompany him. Don't even get me started on modelling shoots, those are the worst.

"It's always, no- you're doing this wrong!" I complained to myself, speaking out the thoughts that came from the top of my head. "And nobody can nail his classic makeup like I can." I twisted the wooden knob of his office door, scoffing.

Hawks' office fit the norm, trashed sheets of paper flung all over his desk. With crowded walls, filled with paintings and even holes, I wanted to make this errand speedy. I slowly approached his wooden desk, the drawers slammed in.

The room was dim, only a minimal lamp illuminating the chaotic workspace. I shuffled through the important bundles of paper, looking desperately for a green folder that was probably buried underneath. I tried not to peek at anything, but one file caught my eye.

"Huh?" I asked, picking up the tattered record by its right-hand corner. There was a picture of Hawks, but he was young- and crying. Sore bruises blackened his elbows, turning his fair skin into something purple. "What is this?"

The file was ripped and years old, I eventually discovered it was a description of him. "Hero Public Safety Commission?" I thought, unable to blink as I scanned my curious eyes over the informative paper. "Why does he have this?"

"He's crying, too." I gasped, caressing my fingertip over his printed face. Taking a heavy gulp of saliva, I peeked back at the open door. Hawks was nowhere to be seen.

I could barely read the paper, all of the typed words tightly cramped together in long paragraphs. However, when I was about to settle it down and continue my search, something alarming anchored down my eyes. "K-Keigo Takami?" I squinted. "Is that right?"

As I flipped through the pages of tattered paper, everything piece of the unknown puzzle began to magically come together. "Hawks' real name, is Keigo?" I realized, my body frozen in a stance. There were so many graphic images, I couldn't bare to look any further than page 3.

But it was too late, because the voice I dreaded to hear came around. "Heyo! Dinner is ready, by the way." Hawks exclaimed, strolling into the tall outline of the office's open door.

"Did you find the folder I was looking for?" he asked, but I couldn't move. I stood still, my head hanging low as my shoulders tensed. "It's fine if you didn't, this place is a mess!"

"Man, I really need to clean up around here-"

Hawks' words were cut off, not by mine- but because he realized. In less than a second, the hidden paper was swept out of my grasp. His thumbs dug into the top corners, the sound of loud tearing echoing against the enclosed walls. "Where did you find this?"

"I-In your desk.." drops of salty tears bounced off my open palms, slightly wetting the fluffy carpet beneath the soles of my feet. "I was looking for the folder and-"

The heavy door slammed, my knees falling forward in fear. I backed away, my hands and feet crawling and creating distance from the stunned pro hero. Rivers streamed down my dampened cheeks, I didn't even need to blink for them to come out.

Hawks approached closer, his indoor sandals scraping over the carpet as a great shadow encased his forehead. (Y/N)." he murmured through a slight part in his soft lips, I was terrified. "I'm so sorry." he apologized for an unknown reason.

"You must be feeling all sorts of things right now." he knelt down in front of me, my body barely keeping up. I was shaking, my eyes clipped open as I tried to back away further. I've never felt so conflicted and lost, the oxygen around me fading away as I struggled to catch my breath.

I felt Hawks' fingers brush against my cheek, his silver rings icing up my skin. My vision began to blur, drowning in an ocean of tears. "But you know what?" Hawks stuttered, he could barely speak anymore, because he was crying too. "It's going to be okay."

The untouchable pro hero broke down in front of my eyes, sobbing even more than I was. "Everything is going to be okay." he sniffled loudly, holding me near his warm chest. "Because I have you."

"And I've never been happier."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; NOW I CAN STOP CALLING HIM HAWKS FIaNaNALY

i hope you guys are doing well!! i love you all more than joseph joestar, and that's saying something

i think i'll be able to post another part today? maybe even 2 more? it depends on the random music that decides to play on my spotify

credit to: strawbit_ch on Twitter
words: 1125