part 89

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"So, let's start off easy. It says here to crack three eggs-" I whispered, pulling aside a small glass bowl that was about to be used for the dry ingredients. However, my hushed voice was soon interrupting by the loud sifting of flour.

"K-Keigo!" I yelled in an inside voice, watching back as he poured the entire bag of flour into the wet ingredient bowl. "You were supposed to crack three eggs!" I laughed, gently slapping the side of his muscular arm.

"Oh, shit.." he flopped his hands and shook off the excess flour, flinging it all around our kitchen and allowing it to get lost inside of the minor crevices of our pattern tiles. "Sorry, beautiful! I'll clean it right up for ya."

I tilted my head onto his shoulder, giggling and just switching the position of the two bowls. "No, it's fine." I gently pecked the side of Keigo's cheek with a kiss, standing up on my tippy-toes for an added effect.

"We can just switch them, see? So this one can be the dry ingredient bowl, and this will be the wet!" I pointed, making Keigo smile. He patted down his flamingo apron and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, sighing before moving on.

We had been up for hours, barely hanging onto the last threads of consciousness. Our arms were beat and sore from the intense mixing, oil and frosting spills leaving puddles atop our marble countertops.

"I'm so tired, (Y/N).. I don't think I can do this anymore." Keigo groaned loudly, dragging down the skin on his face. I saw the fleshy areas of his eyes, his bloodshot eyes that had lost all of their spark and hope.

"You know what? Let's forget about this part, it's just a damn tier! What toddler needs a full blown masterpiece of a cake?" I swiped the bowls aside, leaving them aidless within the cold domain of our metal sink.

Keigo slumped down the sides of our drawers, his cheek smashing against each circular handle. He used the last bits of his strength to extend his hand up at me, even though I was planning to push myself further tonight.

"I was going to uh- clean the dishes." I sighed, rubbing my sore eyes. I was crying, not because I was sad or overjoyed, but because my eyes were just so, so dry. Keigo smirked and leaned his palm to the side, still waiting patiently.

"Come on, (Y/N)! Don't leave me hanging." Keigo mumbled, cracking his head back and eventually falling limp upon the cold floor. I finally caved in and took Keigo's hand, our entwining fingers connecting tips.

My blushed knees slowly folded and fell against the hard tiles, my chest collapsing onto his. I instantly shut my eyes and felt the incoming waterfall of tears, the sting and burn making me regret ever staying up late.

I yawned into his pajama shirt, the soft cotton and the outline of Keigo's slender abs acting as some sort of pillow. The splitting tips of his honey-blonde hair spread out across the floor, my legs filling the space between his thighs.

He played with my hair and twirled the strands into flimsy drills, detangling every knot. Curling his vermilion wings around my back, he directed the bulb of his pointed nose up at the popcorn ceiling and let his mouth hang ajar.

I bent my toes and nuzzled my face into his chest, the sound of Keigo's thumping heartbeat tickling the lobes of my ears. He smelt like the essence of vanilla, but then again, he always seemed to.

"What did you get Aki for his birthday?" I looked up towards the bottom of Keigo's chin, his long eyelashes making me feel a sense of envy. He rolled his face to the side and clutched harder onto my held hands.

"Just my love, ain't that enough?" he sighed, making me frown slightly and bite the bottom half of my chapped lip. There was an awkward pause, a short-lived moment of silence between the two of us. "Uh."

"Have you ever considered me to be- umm.. Do you think I'm a bad father, (Y/N)?" I could hear the heartbreak in Keigo's voice, like the alarming sound of shattering glass. "You know, I didn't grow up with many gifts.."

"That thought has never even crossed my head, Keigo." I giggled, scooting up on top of the former pro. "What about you? Do you consider yourself a bad father? Because, I don't." the corners of my mouth formed a smile.

He opened up his eyes, flashing their golden hue. I stared down at him, to the point where I could feel his tickling breath against my skin. Keigo quickly glanced to the side, releasing his hands from their lock to hide his sour cheeks.

Keigo's rosy cheeks were flushed over with the color of red, and he was desperately trying not to show off an awkward grin. "I'm not a bad father. Hell, I'm the best pop in the entire world!" and that was when his confidence came back.

"Luckily for you, I think I went overboard with presents this year. We can share a bunch, kay?" I caressed my fingers over the right side of his face, brushing away blonde baby-hairs that dared to touch his temples.

"There are a lot of ones you can choose from, too! I bought a bunch of Lego's, which were expensive by the way. And-and I also got those cute little toys that you can dress up n' stuff!" I began to ramble on, the topic rapidly changing.

"Damn." Keigo rested his arm limp above his forehead, a gritty smile formed underneath his arm. He tilted his head back until the apple of his throat popped out. "You really are the best, (Y/N)."

"There's no one I love more."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; y/n is so kind 🥰 shes so cute lol

credit: Kohei Horikoshi
words: 1001