part 25

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I skated over the polished wooden floorboards with my comfy socks, giggling as I flailed my arms and tried to keep my balance. "Woohoo! We got mail." I exclaimed, Keigo sending a flock of subtle feathers to boost my speed.

Peeking into the letter-slot of the door, I was too late for an encounter with the mailman. Keigo towered behind me, the wrinkles of his baggy sweater trailing over my back. "Oh?" he asked, picking a few postcards out of my hand.

He shuffled through the bundles of notes, his set of non-prescription glasses nearly rolling off the bridge of his nose. "Junk, junk- and more junk." he repeated, my feet excitedly hopping up as I awaited something good.

Tossing the spam-mail into the air, I struggled to catch them all with my quirk. Keigo walked away, his hands planting themselves against the tinted windows as he scanned the sunny outdoors.

I examined the received letters, and he was right, they were mostly junk. Except for one postcard, an invitation to another event. Although, this time, it wasn't a regular hero one. "Get a look at this." I called.

Throwing the proposal over to Keigo, he was able to snatch it out of the air without even checking its coming direction. His head hung low, both of his golden irises scanning over the packaged letter.

"Hey, (Y/N)?" he asked curiously, sliding out a cardboard sheet and pressing down the flimsy tab of paper. "Have you ever attended a lantern festival?"

"No, I've never." I responded.

"Then I guess tonight will be your first!" Keigo laughed, holding up the two invitation cards he had pulled out. My eyes filled with stars, like an imaginary gleaming light shining down from heaven. "The note came late, we were supposed to receive this a few days ago."

"It was a good thing I purchased two, right?" he smiled, the shock still connecting with the nerves of my body. "Anyways.."

"How was last night? Hopefully I didn't make you too uncomfortable." Keigo began to approach me, his fingers pushing up the backbone of his clear-lens glasses. He slung his arm over my shoulder, his bright smile illuminating the room.

"No, not at all! If anything, I really liked it." I grinned. Hopping off my two feet, I tackled Keigo with open arms, forcing him to use his quirk in order to keep a steady balance. "We should do it again."

"Oh, yeah?" he smirked at me, sweeping my body off the ground with ease. "Don't get too greedy, now."

"Actually, I've changed my mind!" I shunned my face away from him, pouting as I leaned my head back. "I don't want to be drooled on for eight hours every night, thank you very much."

"Come on!" Keigo complained, while I teleported away and out of his grasp. "Do I really drool that much?" he whimpered, plucking off his glasses and setting them aside.

"Uh-huh! It's disgusting." I walked away, exaggerating my stance as I skipped down the narrow hall. Keigo followed after me, repeating the same steps I took and following my exact motions.

I turned around, furrowing my eyebrows and talking through my gritted teeth. "Yikes, you have no pizzazz.." I teased, standing back and holding in my undeniable laughter.

"What the hell is pizzazz?" Keigo broke out of the zone, crossing his arms together. He waited patiently for my next words, but the term wasn't something one could exactly explain.

I jingled my hands like holiday bells, bending my knees slightly. "Pizzazzz!" I showed off, Keigo instantly bursting into a series of hysterical snickers. He slapped his arm, trudging forward as he beamed.

"You're an odd one, that's for sure." he said, making me roll my eyes and face back towards the long corridor. I continued to walk, but this time normally.

"Excuse me? If anything, you're the weird one here." I spurted out, ready to show off the many examples. "Like when you asked me to pull your finger in the back of that limo."

"Eeehh? I made sure it didn't smell!" he said, adding another questionable thought to my head. Peeking my head back, I widened my eyes and arched my eyebrows.

"What?! Are you like the commander of farts, or something?" I yelled at Keigo, slightly tossing him aback. "Who- No, how can you control your farts?!"

He took a quick glance at his fingers, watching as the sun reflected rays off his authentic silver jewelry. "It's not that hard.." he mumbled.

"Yeah, it's not hard." I stopped, my arm motions swinging outwards as I grew reckless. "Because it's fucking impossible!" I couldn't help but cackle at his dumbfounded expression, the guilty look of regret showered over his handsome face.

"So, what? Can you make them incredibly stinky, or-" I asked, Keigo joining in my fit of ecstasy. He nodded his head, flashing me his blinding teeth. That's when I realized all of the possibilities we could play out.

"Imagine if you released one in public!" I howled, instinctively banging my fists into my thighs.

"God, (Y/N)! I might as well consider you a villain for that one." the two of us continued to walk towards the end of the hall, where the much-needed bathroom lied. I twisted the unlocked knob, heading inside and getting ready to close the door.

Keigo checked in, a pretend frown covering the majority of his face. I looked at him with a demeanor created from pure disgust, trying to slam the door shut. Using my body strength to push it sealed, Keigo's annoying hums stayed lingering outside.

"I'm getting ready now, so you can leave." I excused him, but now instead of childish whines it turned into begging questions. "...Please, leave."

"Why are you getting dressed now? The festival doesn't start until evening." Keigo asked, his voice echoing against the heavy door.

"I needa do the whole routine, you know?" I answered, already undressing and sliding off my nightgown.

"For eight hours?!" Keigo's yell of shock made me giggle, meanwhile my hands sorted all of the expensive bath salts and conditioners I was about to use.

"Yup! I need to shave my legs, then I've gotta do this one weekly facemask-"

Keigo's footsteps began to distance themselves away from the bathroom door, low chuckles erupting from his throat as he let me ramble on. I didn't even notice, before he interrupted my wild speech. "Alright, then."

"Scream if you need me."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; actually i should probably go do that weekly facemask

credit to: crimson-chains on Tumblr
words: 1105