part 5

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Gym Gamma wasn't like any ordinary gym, it lacked all the stereotypical equipment. Instead it was empty, a vast cement jungle with custom obstacles made by our teachers. The ground was cold, feelings of ice seeping through the rubber soles of my mandatory sneakers. They were tied to the max, squeezing my toes and making it uncomfortable to walk and train.

The gym smelt like what it was created from, cement and gallons of sweat. Tears and blood went into making Gym Gamma, so we tried our best to treat it with respect. Unless you're Bakugou, I don't think that word is even included in his unique vocabulary. Dents and impacts from our variety of quirks were engraved into the walls, small craters and holes aligning cracks.

The three of us held our hands tightly together, shaking and rattling our fingers as the pro hero extended out his subtle maroon feathers, and flew high up into the air, proving to us that he was the boss here. "When you're training with me.."

"You gotta know, that speed beats power."

A flash of lightning, if you could even call it that. Hawks was faster than the eye could see, only short glimpses of red being formed in our pan of vision. The class gasped, not blinking in fear that they'll miss an important step. Hawks zoomed around the cement battlefield, the wind whistling as it danced with his ruffling feathers, the pro hero's pestering chuckles and laughs turning into a serious monotone look. I had never seen him in action before, and he was amazing.

"If we want to do this correctly, then I need to see your quirks myself. Mr. Aizawa let me in on the basics, but I'm a visual learner." he smirked, it brought us back to the memories of our first day.

We were at the end of the line, and Hawks seemed to be going in order. "You there, with the cool arms!" he was directing towards Shouji, a wave of dust and cold air radiating off Hawks' feet as he landed himself back on the ground.

Shouji approached the hero, a kind shake to the hand before we got things started. "Can you fly?" Hawks asked our classmate, who's build towered over the surprisingly short man.

"No, I'm afraid I can't."  he spoke under that tight mask, sometimes I wondered how he could even breathe.

"Well, I'll teach you how to fly!" Hawks smiled, preparing himself backing off, awaiting Shouji's attempt. "Hit me with your best shot, alright?"

People always say that the winner is decided before a fight even starts, and that common saying showed its part for this tournament. The feud was over in an instant, it only lasted about five seconds. I didn't even see Shouji move. But underneath the swirling whirlwind, lied our classmate's conscious body, dominated by the pro's, as he withheld a honed feather sword. 

"Did you see that?!" Ochako screamed in a whisper, making Tsuyu and I twist our heads to the side. "That was so cool!"

"Yeah! But I wonder how he'll be able to tell our quirks, Shouji wasn't able to put up a fair fight." Tsuyu muttered, the two of them conversating beside me. I felt my heart sink, the tall ceilings of the gym slowly crashing down onto me, blackened dusk ready to consume me like in nightmares. Hawks wasn't sweating, or even panting. This was only one percent of his immense power.

"Do you guys think Shouji is hurt?" I worried, my fingertips hitting together as my knees trembled and jittered.

"Now I know what you're all wondering, but don't worry! The kid's just fine, right?" Hawks extended his hand out for the muscular boy, Shouji grasping on with scratches and dirt battering his uniform. "Nice to meet you, Mezou Shouji. I think I've got a better idea about your quirk now."

"Next person, hurry up!"

It was Todoroki's turn, the son of Endeavor. He used to be the number two hero, but after All Might's unexpected retirement, moved up to the desired spot of first place. Speaking of hero leagues, I wondered if Hawks was going to move up as well. The hero billboard charts were going to start soon, right?

"I know a lot about you, kid." Hawks teased him, the  boy who we suspected to be the strongest in our class. Mina always joked and laughed about how he was the most beautiful boy in school, but it was nothing but the truth. Even in his uniform, Todoroki still looked so dreamy, almost like a fairytale prince. Every girl in class 1-A had a crush on him, nobody could deny that he was attractive. "Endeavor and I are close, would you believe that?"

Todoroki stayed silent, his shoulders tensing up at the name of his father. "You seem to know a lot about my family." he murmured, steam emitting off from Todoroki's left side. "Didn't anyone teach you to stay out of other people's business?" the clashing of ice froze the room, spreading diamond-like crystals around the gym.

Even though Todoroki put up a fight, even wearing Hawks' out at one point, he was still no match for the third-ranking hero. Hawks laughed at his old comment, patting down Todoroki's shoulder as he threw him a thumbs-up. "Hey, kid. Don't be too rough on yourself, alright?"

"You'll become an amazing hero someday, catch you on the stands."  he complimented Todoroki, his face still lost and confused.

Hawks went down the line faster than I had thought, every fight giving him an even greater idea of our capabilities and quirks. Ochako was at a huge disadvantage, since her quirk only worked if she came in contact, and Hawks refused to give her a chance on that opening. And after Ochako, it was Tsuyu. Only Tokoyami lasted as long as a couple minutes, but that made sense since the two trained together in the past.

But now, it was my turn.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; HEY IM MAKING TOAST

i had to film myself running up stairs for my physics/chemistry class, like girl this is science not p.e 😐

credit to: theallukazoldyck on Instagram
words: 1037