part 21

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Oh, (Y/N)!" he turned around after placing down his glass, flailing his other hand around like an excited child and prancing over as if nothing ever happened. "Where have you been?" he asked, gently caressing over my left cheek that was about to get sodden with a small drop of sweat.

The girls in the background turned their sides, whispering to each other and probably throwing insults. I didn't know what to say, hell- my body couldn't even move. My brain was conflicted, torn between relief and disappointment. "Nowhere." I stopped, my eyes locked on the annoying group of vultures.

"I think I need some fresh air." I nodded my head, Hawks glad to see that I was okay. He pulled me into a tight embrace, my nostrils then overwhelmed with his dreamy scent. I couldn't blink, my body tense as I drew closer to the edge.

I glared back at the mean fangirls, they were middle-age women. "Imagine being that obsessed with a man half your age." I thought to myself, thinking of all the tactics of revenge I could take. That's when it hit me, the sticky drinks from the populated bar.

Wrapping my arms around the pro hero, I returned the sweet favor. His body warmth helped me calm down, my chest sinking as I drowned in pure ecstasy. "Don't ever leave me again!" I laughed, releasing away.

"Was it really that bad?" he asked, smirking lightly as we tangled our arms together. He was focused on the formed path in front of us, but my eyes were drawn back to the dirty mutts. Giggling to myself, Hawks believed that I was responding to his question.

"Yeah, it really was." I referred to the long period of time I spent alone, now picking up the entire flask of syrupy punch and pouring it upon the three vultures. They shrieked and cried, yet barely anyone heard their desperate calls for help over the deafening chatter and music.

"Huh? Did you hear that?" Hawks asked, about to turn back and notice the crazed scene.

I brought my right hand up to his glowing cheek, slightly inching his view back down and onto me. "No? Maybe it was just the air conditioning."

"You're probably right." Hawks agreed, his feral eyes locking with mine. I giggled to hide my blush, before quickly taking ahold of his hand and sprinting off into the unknown.

"Where are you taking me to now?" he asked, my dress trailing against the polished marble as we ventured down the golden hallways. The two of us couldn't stop laughing, yet we had no idea where we were headed to.

"To get fresh air, of course!" I yelled, his silver rings scraping past my knuckles. We ran for what felt like hours, until I came across a suspicious door. It was two-times my height, towering above our heads and leaving us confused.

I slowly opened the door, taking a peek outside at the bright moon. It led us to a balcony, which was bigger than my bedroom. Elegant stone railings kept us from tipping over the edge, the calming breeze whisking by and sending shivers down my spine.

Taking a deep breath, my lungs inflated with oxygen as I finally began to calm down. Hawks leaned his body over the rail, since nobody could see us from up here. It was difficult to walk in my dress, but I slowly made my way over beside him.

"I've never told you this, but.." he started, smiling gently as he admired the blinking streetlights from below. "I think you're really cool, (Y/N)." Hawks complimented me, twisting his neck and facing up at my shocked face.

"You were the perfect choice for me." he continued, making me awkwardly laugh and scoot a bit to the side. "I wouldn't want to have it any other way."

"Calm down! You're making it sound like I'm your girlfriend, or something." I furrowed my eyebrows, facing up my hands and excusing Hawks.

"So? Who the hell cares?" he laughed, ticking me off and almost making me burst. I wanted to hold him, kiss him- feel his touch. But I couldn't, those kind of events could only happen over my dead body.

"It's just- your policy. Besides, I don't wanna ruin anything between us." I stopped, and at this point, there was nothing more I wanted than to read his mind.

"Policies change, you know?" Hawks chuckled, taking ahold of my hand and using my fingers to cover his perfect lips. "Nah, I'm kidding!"

"...She's so beautiful." I heard in my head, making me freeze. He let his defenses down for just a second, allowing me to read his thoughts. But he couldn't know, I had to play it off like nothing happened.

"That's such a jerk move!" I yelled, yanking away from his mouth. Hawks laughed like a witch, his face shoving into mine as he disturbed my personal bubble.

"You should've seen the look on your face! God, it was hilarious." he couldn't stop, even wiping his waterlines before tears could spurt out.

I laughed with him, not because of the silly faces he was making, but because now I discovered how he truly felt. If only that miracle would come again, allowing me to see deeper into the thorny jungle called his mind.

Hawks looked down at his expensive watch, before showing off the glass to me. "Well, looks like it's time!" he said, making me tilt my head to the side.

"Time for what?" I asked, following him back into the building. Hawks shoved his hands back into his spacious pockets, leading the way as we walked back to the ballroom.

"The waltz is going to start soon." he smirked, peeking back at me with a peering side-eye. "Didn't you know?"

"Oh, my gosh! I completely forgot, it's almost like I don't have a watch!" I laughed, Hawks annoyed with my comeback. He rolled his golden eyes, facing back towards the ballroom entrance.

"Chop chop, birdie." he teased, I could hear the sheer playfulness in his voice.

"Hey! You can't use that against me!" I yelled, sprinting behind him and tackling him gently.

"Oh, yes I can." he sounded serious, but then I realized that his voice was being forced to reach such an unnatural deep.

"No you can't!"

"Yes, I can!-"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; the next few parts are going to be SPICYY

IM SO EXCITED AHHH

credit to: MellyTune on Twitter
words: 1088