part 16

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Hawks, you're such a glutton!" I yelled, watching in disgust as the pro shoved heaves of medium-well steak down his throat. I leaned back against the booth chair, blocking out my hearing ears with both of my palms, as I slowly got frustrated with the loud sound of his smacking and gulping.

"What can I say? It's delicious!" he smiled, his perfectly aligned teeth dirtied with strings of meat. Hawks looked at me with confused eyes, before summoning a small flock of his subtle red feathers. "Come on, (Y/N)."

"Turn that frown upside down." he mumbled, the stem of his gentle feathers poking up my cheeks and creating an artificial grin. "I've always thought your smile was pretty, you know?"

"So don't stop smiling." those words made me blush, a pink glow sprouting over my face. Just his voice alone made me happy, his comforting voice that always saved me when I was sad. Following his request, I allowed a smile to bloom over my mouth. "That's what I like to see!"

"Now, if you're not going to eat that, can I?" he laughed, directing his view down at my bowl of minestrone soup. I was stuffed, my stomach refusing to take any more. Even I could barely hold down my recent meal, the brewing feeling of nausea affecting my entire body.

"Go ahead.." I groaned, pushing over my heavy bowl of vegetable soup. Resting my body back, I scanned my eyes over the crowded restaurant. It was nearly midnight, yet this place was still booming with business. Hawks quickly dug into my dinner, loud slurps and excess broth messing up the corners of his mouth.

"After this, how about we head to the beach?" he asked, causing me to instantly shake my head. Allowing my mouth to drop and hang, I stretched out a piece of my velvet dress, displaying it to the pro hero. "I could really use a breath of fresh air."

"No way! It's too late, and besides, I don't feel very good." I complained, growls erupting out of my stomach that weren't necessarily due to my past hunger. A part of me even felt guilty after eating so much, but it was worth it. The experience as a whole was lifechanging, a one time occurrence.

"Tell you what, I'll go pay the bill right now." Hawks stopped, before sending a patch of his feathers underneath my head. I leaned my body over to the side, resting my body limp upon the padded seats as I waited patiently for my food to finish digesting. "Just rest." he comforted, his delicate feathers serving as a comfortable pillow.

I looked like a bored kid, one that continued to press their stressed parents about the desire to head back home. "I regret eating so much." I whined to myself, staring at the prints on my fingertips as I admired every unnoticed detail. It was hard to glance up at the ceiling, the bright lights prepared to attack at any moment.

One of Hawks' feathers slipped out of my hair, flying and waltzing throughout the air as I followed it with my tired eyes. "Hmm? What now?" I asked the stray, who then pointed their stem in the direction of the hostess station. "You want me to head over there?" I whispered, to which the feather responded in a nodding motion.

"..Kay." I mumbled, slowly sliding my body out from the tight crevice. My rounded stomach protruded slightly out, showing that I had obviously stuffed myself. Though, it didn't bother me. Walking with nausea was a bit difficult, but nothing that I couldn't drag myself through.

I noticed that when I was alone, nobody ever wasted a short second on me, I received only a few glares. However, with Hawks, it somehow felt as if the entire restaurant had their eyes anchored on the two of us. It just proved how minimal I was, just another background character within this crazed domain of wealth.

"There you are!" Hawks smiled, wrapping his heavy arm over my weakened shoulders. I fluttered my long eyelashes, keeping my sensitive eyelids glued shut as I whined loudly into his muscular chest. "Ready for the beach?" he asked, yet my head remained still.

That's when a girl walked up to us, proposing a question that I expected everyone else to have. Peeking the corner of my right eye over, I glared at her as Hawks stood back, confused with the sudden intrusion. "So like, are you two dating? My friends over there are literally wondering.."

"(Y/N) and I? No way, that would be unprofessional!" he laughed, answering the question I hadn't bothered replying to. "The same policy goes with my fans, I could never date one."

"Besides, I'm not looking for a relationship." he continued, his words slightly acting as a thrust to my heart. I tried not to care or show an irritated face, since I had been taking his policy into account for years. Though for some reason, it hurt.

The fangirl quietly stomped her feet, and I swore that I noticed a cloud of anger-fueled smog blanket over her head. Veins nearly popped out of her face, and luckily for me, I had the power to predict what she was about to say next.

"Literally, that's so stupid!"

"Your assistant is ugly, anyways."

"Ugh! This is like, so unfair."

"Sorry, but we need to go." I spoke up before she could interrupt, saving Hawks from the awkward situation. "If you still have questions, try finding the space in your schedule to attend a meet and greet." so the two of us walked away, but I knew my choice of words were cold.

"You don't have to be so mean, y'know? I love my fans, and that girl had a lot of courage if she was so willing to walk up and ask questions." he said, tilting his head back as our feet walked in sync.

"Quit acting like you weren't uncomfortable, sometimes fans need to respect boundaries." I argued, clinging tighter onto Hawks' warm arm. "The girl was about to spurt out some mean things, too."

"Mann." Hawks groaned, sweeping a part of his bangs to the side with his left finger. The street was illuminated by the moon, the clanking of our dress shoes hitting against the blackened concrete. He gazed up at the twinkling stars, looking past the hooded storefronts.

"What would I do without you?"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i say we all start a riot so hawks will discontinue his policy

credit to: MellyTune on Twitter
words: 1102