part 27

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Two water lanterns, please!" I asked, gesturing my hands to help the cashier understand what I was saying.

Behind us were large gatherings, even the line for this certain stand reached past a far corner. The festival was already decorated with lights, their warm hues shining over the cheerful dancers.

They wore floral kimonos, young children constantly running between their legs and becoming a tripping hazard. Harmonizing melodies from banging drums and singing orchestras swam throughout the air, Keigo and I conversating while the ruckus reached its peak.

"This is so cool!" I hopped up and down, cautiously holding the flimsy lantern with both of my hands.

Passing my unlit lantern over to him, Keigo offered to hold both of our latest prized possessions. His smile was so bright, maybe even flashier than the illumes decoration. "So, when's the festival starting?"

"Pretty soon, but if you want- we can grab a bite first! I saw a few kebab stands over there." Keigo directed his hands towards a far stand, the one most crowded and cramped with hungry observers.

I nodded my head, grazing my thumb over Keigo's expensive silver rings. When he looked down, his facial expressions froze, but our bodies continued to trudge forth and walk towards the aromatic stand.

We lined up like everyone else, waiting patiently and twiddling our fingers in line. Of course, people stared- but the two of us didn't seem to mind, or even acknowledge their presence. I flicked my nails over an indent in his jewelry, just out of habit.

Keigo caressed his palm underneath mine, lifting up my stolen hand and bringing it up above our chests. Skating one of his rings across two of his knuckles, Keigo chuckled loudly and swiftly summoned one of his many red feathers.

He tugged out my hoodie string, tying the concoction into a knot and making his own Hawks' brand of jewelry. It was a necklace, custom-fitted for me, and only me. I brushed away the back of my hair, exposing my bare neck to the pro hero.

"There we go." he smiled, a flimsy necklace made out of authentic silver and fluffy feathers. "Now, even if I'm at work or a modelling shoot- I'll always be with you!"

We moved up in steady line, the ready-made kebabs steaming hot as we paid and plucked them out from the cashier's hands. I opened my mouth wide, my front teeth coasting over the roasted wood and biting off a chunk of grilled chicken.

The savory aroma filled my nostrils, more delicious than anything Keigo had cooked at home. Its relishing flavor sizzled atop my taste-buds, my tongue trying its best to absorb the million flavors. "It's incredible!" I laughed, barely being able to focus on my surroundings.

"Quit downing it so fast! Save some for the light show." Keigo was hypocritical, spurting out those slurred words as he stuffed his mouth with perfectly seasoned meat.

The colorful lanterns scraped past my squinting eyelids, fitting in through a miniature crevice. Thankfully, Keigo's usual loud smacking was drowned out by clattering stands and cackling crowds.

Running towards the dimly lit grass, Keigo and I got seated upon a slight ramp, the arctic water mere inches away from our shoes. People began to gather, sitting down with their tasty food and waving their purchased souvenirs throughout the twilight sky.

I curled my toes inside of my sneakers, scooting over beside Keigo and smudging my right cheek into his shoulder. I beamed with joy and quietly sniffled, multicolored hues illuminating my face from the river's shore.

"Hey, hey! What are you crying for?" Keigo tensed up, hurrying to encase his vermilion wings around me. His mouth was overflowing with food, specifically chicken. Hearing his garbling words made me laugh through the developing tears.

"It's nothing bad.." I wiped and cleared my messy waterline, wrapping my needy arms around his chest and holding him closer to my rapid-beating heart. "I'm just really happy."

"Maybe because I'm with you, or something else?" I began to ramble, my voice speeding up and hopping aboard the highway. "I don't know, it's like all of this is happening so suddenly and-"

"Breathe, (Y/N)." he asked of me, his voice lowly humming like nursery melodies. I hadn't noticed that the show had started, because I was so caught up in the moment. "We should probably contribute now, yeah?"

"Yeah, you're right. It's probably nothing, anyways." I nodded my head, my teeth slightly nibbling atop my bottom lip as I spoke through the tight grid.

The river filled with romantic candle lights, streaming lanterns flowing down the mild current. Keigo quickly brought around our beacons, lighting the torch inside. I smiled and watched back, the tips of his fingers sending the memorial drifting.

As the show went on, our gaze became fixated upon the mesmerizing lantern floats. The water was black, patches of orange and red illuminating its very surface. Keigo tossed his body slightly aback, cracking up and pointing his index finger into the distance.

"Look, (Y/N)! They have a chicken float." he yelled into my ear, our chests thumping out as we laughed in sync. The float he was referring to was shaped in the model of a rooster, with generic white feathers and cherry wattles.

Straightening my elbows and facing them in an uncomfortable position, I leaned back and used them as body support. Sharp wisps of grass and clumps of crumbling soil got stuck beneath my nails, the bottom of my shorts dirtying as we rested upon the steep ramp.

Looking up at the moon, its soothing light wasn't as harsh as the morning sun's. Distant craters and holes topped off its exterior. "Have you ever wanted to travel to the moon?" I asked.

"I wonder what life would be like up there." I whispered, while Keigo stayed hypnotized by the fascinating festival.

By now my tears had dried, yet it was still hard to scrunch my face and move my cheeks. My vision was then quickly cut off by Keigo's honey-blonde hair, which seemed to dance so effortlessly throughout the wind.

Keigo fixed his posture, his golden eyes spellbound by my chapped lips. It happened in a mere second, the bulb of his nose brushing against mine as he bowed down for a kiss. The scene was magical, like a page torn from a fictional storybook.

I clung tightly onto the cold ground, my knees turning numb as I fluttered my eyelashes shut and prolonged the passionate session. Glistening fireflies swirled around us, swimming in their own personal vortex as a tsunami of salty tears rebounded once more against my moonlit face.

Our lanterns were the last to go, following the pack as a pair and taking their time to pass over the darkened river. As they bumped closely into each other, their strengthening light combining into one, my body fell back.

The two of us were living in our own crazy world, the protagonists of a forming life documentary. Keigo softly smiled through the sudden kiss, his lips reconnecting with mine and occasionally making small partings. He traced down my shivering forearms, loving me ever so gently.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; HIII im sorry for not publishing earlier!! my sister and i stayed in bed until like 6 pm and then decided to watch saiki k

"loving me ever so gently" HAS ME SCREAMING

credit to: nekoooo512 on Twitter
words: 1246