part 72

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I crossed my arms and glared down at the sleeping toddler, who unconsciously ruffled his crimson wings and drooled all over the comfortable sheets while he slept. My eyes glanced through a crack in the doorframe, when in reality, I should really be packing.

"Damn, that was fast." Keigo whispered behind me, making me jump in place. I tried not to yelp or make a sound, incase Aki heard and woke up from our bugging noise.

"Jeez, you scared me!" I covered my mouth, brushing the slit in the door closed with the tap of a finger. "You could've at least told me you were gonna just, I don't know- pop up from out of nowhere?!"

"Settle down, you might wake the kid." Keigo nudged his faced to the side, directing it towards the bedroom door. "Let him sleep, he's gonna need it." I picked at my nails and fiddled my thumbs together, hearing the truth in Keigo's words.

"But what are we going to do? He wants to go to hero school, Keigo!" I automatically frowned, the sound of Aki's heavy snoring reaching us from past the walls. "I told him that once you got better, then we would think about it-"

"There will be no thinking." Keigo sighed, staring down at the many scars that he had received in fights with villains. "I don't want to put our kid through that, (Y/N). Heroes should stay behind television screens, or in movies."

From a fan's point of view, one would say that Hawks is an ultimate pro. Agility, strength, and even wits- he seems to have it all. He has a confidence like none other, and is always cracking up jokes to lighten the mood.

But from behind the scenes, the real Hawks was nothing like that. He never wanted to show up to work, and slowly began to lose interest in everything. Just the word "hero" makes him wince in pain, it honestly saddened me.

I agreed with him. The best choice for Aki would be forgetting about the hero life, but I just didn't know how to tell him. Kids these days grow up watching Deku, dreaming and fantasizing over the many quirks that they have a chance to manifest.

They just don't know, they don't know how hard it is. To be a hero, one needs to sacrifice everything. Not all fights can be won, there's always going to be a tragic loss in a series of chancing victories.

One may as well kiss their family away, their friends and their love life. Because the world is ruthless, and won't bat an eye if those precious things get stolen. They'll cry out of pity for a week, then move on as if it never happened.

"So what the hell do we do, Keigo?" I slouched my shoulders and just about gave up. "How do we tell this innocent kid- no, *our* kid that he has to give up his dream? He looks up to you, you're his superhero!"

"All of the Hawks merchandise we've bought, all of the one of a kind lectures that your character has given him." I rambled on, counting on my fingers and listing all of the examples. Keigo always managed to come up with an answer, but this time he couldn't.

"I-I don't know." he whispered, walking away from the door with his hands clamped around the sides of his head. "That kid fills me with so much fucking joy, man." he sniffled, making me grieve.

"I'd love for him to become a hero! If it were anyone else, I would've encouraged them to work towards their dreams, y'know?-" Keigo tugged on the collar of his shirt, the old wrinkles from before showing up once more.

"But you don't want him to get hurt. You don't want a repeated case." I cut in, my arms embracing Keigo from behind. He gripped onto my fingers, holding them close to his beating heart. "That's what you were going to say, wasn't it?"

"But do you think that maybe- maybe there's a chance?" I closed my eyes, the blue hues that radiated off the moon shining into our living room. "Don't lose hope yet, Hawks."

"You have the power to soar the skies, defeat the strongest villains, and you even manage to juggle a modelling job. In fact, a few of your billboards are right outside this building." I giggled, rubbing my hands up his abs.

"And most of all?" I circled my fingertip over a sensitive spot on his skin, making the pro hero squirm. "You have me."

The clicking sound of a doorknob broke our connected skin, making me gasp for a second. Aki stumbled out of the bedroom, rubbing the built-up crust on his eyes and yawning loudly without a care in the world.

"Mama?" he saw me through his blurry vision, instantly running over on his bare feet. They smacked against our wooden floorboards, creating a pounding sound that wasn't in the slightest way discreet. "And, P-Papa?" he spied Keigo, too.

"Hey, baby." I combed through his fluffy mane of hair with my fingers, a smile painted across my face. Keigo erased all evidence of past tears, and knelt down to the floor to meet Aki's short height. "We have something we need to tell you, okay?"

"Listen up, kid. This is important." Keigo patted down Aki's back, wiping off any dust bunnies that had caught on from our mattress. "There are a few bad guys patrolling this area, it's real scary." he lied.

"So, your mother and I have decided that we all need to leave for a while, got that?" Aki nodded his head, even though he barely understood a word that left Keigo's lips.

"Oh.. When will we come back?" Aki worried, pouting his plump lips and clutching onto his Hawks plush. "I don't wanna leave."

"We don't know." I whispered, my voice slightly cracking. "But we're going to your father's hometown, alright?"

"And who knows? Maybe I can find a good hero training school for you there!" Keigo beamed up and grinned, flashing a confident smile. My mouth hung ajar with shock, the realization of what he just said stabbing me like a thousand knives.

He knew what he was doing, knew the impact of those words all too well. But he didn't look back up at me, not a single glance of worry or fear. Keigo was sure about this, because it was too late to look back.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i'm so glad that they're gonna be putting aki in hero school, poor kid

i wrote this really fast because i had a clear idea for what i wanted to do, excuse any spelling/grammar mistakes!!

credit: Kohei Horikoshi
words: 1131