part 33

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Come on, girl! Let's grab a table." Ochako yelled over the overwhelming chatter, pulling my hand and guiding Tsuyu and I to an empty seat.

"This spot was open?" I asked, hanging my head low as the two of them got situated upon the plastic bench. They had already ordered their meals, though Tsuyu had bought a package of jelly.

"Dunno, I just spotted it." Ochako laughed, Tsuyu cracking open a pair of wooden chopsticks. "Anyways, come sit!" she tapped the palm of her hand down.

The two of them dug into their meals, grilled eggplant and watermelon jelly. I was happy to finally dig into my ramen, too. Maybe this lonesome week wouldn't be so bad. I hadn't seen them since school, nor was I aware that they had stayed in touch.

"So, how have you been?" Ochako asked, gulping down a mouthful of savory vegetables. "Are you still working with Hawks?"

"Yeahh." I chuckled, holding the back of my head and wiping the splashed broth off the corners of my mouth. "But he just left to go on a mission, so now it's just me."

"A mission? Ribbit." Tsuyu tilted her head, already on her third package of watermelon jelly. She was wearing both a black beret and turtleneck, a cartoon frog stitched into the side of her hat's fabric. Paired with a pleated-green dress, she matched the definition of adorable.

"Yep! There were a few villain sightings in the countryside, so he went to go check it out." I smiled, Tsuyu's crossbody bag tilting over to the seat beside her.

"Woah, that's awesome!" Ochako giggled, her cleavage poking through the heart-outlined space in her pink dress. She wore a ribbon choker and a set of ruby heels, along with a matching-color waistband which accentuated her figure.

"Your skin is glowing, (Y/N). Did you try out a new product, or something?" Ochako peaked in closer, her blushed cheeks coming clearly into view. The ethereal glow on my face wasn't caused by makeup or skincare products, instead it was from Keigo and I's intimate night.

"Not really, I just splash cold water on my face every morning." I laughed, perfectly playing off the situation and coming up with an undeniable lie.

"Deku's really topping the charts, haven't you seen? I think he might make it into the top ten this year!" she continued, rambling on like she always did. I finished the last noodle in my ramen, the bottomless bowl of broth staring up beneath my chin.

"Really? I'm proud of him." I mumbled, all three of us picking up our trays and wandering over to the sorted trash bins. Ochako nodded her head at me, while Tsuyu clung onto my right arm.

"I know, right? Can you remember when Mr. Aizawa gave him a lecture on the first day?" she laughed, making me wonder if she actually kept in contact with the rising pro.

I tossed my trash into the full bin, while Tsuyu came to face me. She was shorter than us, only reaching a height of 150 centimeters (4'11"). "I really missed you, ribbit." she smiled, pulling me into a sudden hug.

Then it was Ochako's turn, her arms wrapping around my neck from behind and creating a pincer attack. "Me too!" she spoke into my ear, a bright smile shining across my face. They were my best friends, and even though we had lost touch- we never forgot the nostalgic memories.