part 3

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Woah! He's almost never seen in public."

"Ah, how handsome!"

"Tch."

Those were the thoughts I picked up from my fellow classmates, their whispers in my head clashing against each other and becoming slurred. "Oh, this is good." I chuckled to myself, since I had always looked up to Hawks. Unlike the others, I was fascinated at how he worked. And most of all, I religiously followed his ideology like it was my own. "He looks so different in person.."

Hawks picked up a white chalk, one with no imperfections, it was straight out of the cardboard box. He had feral eyes, ones that seemed to glow underneath the shade of his wispy hair. My heart skipped a beat, I had always wanted an autograph. Maybe today wouldn't turn up to be so bad.

The black void that was once consuming the room, turned back into its original state and spread out vastly. I didn't even notice my smile, before Ochako glanced back at me and winked. I guess you could say that sometimes my affectionate feelings towards Hawks were obvious, he was the center-point of most of the furniture in my room.

Tokoyami was so lucky, being able to serve as Hawks' right-hand man and work as an assistant. He didn't scout me after the sports festival, but I didn't even make it to the charts, so I understood. Hawks stared back at the class, his handwriting was like chicken-scratch. It was messy and careless, some words even inaccurate.

"Hawks! >:)" he wrote across the chalkboard, filling up the entire space and even marking over our tracked calendar. Before any of us could question Mr. Aizawa on his sudden arrival, we found out that he was already passed out. Wrapped in his cozy sleeping bag, snoring the period away.

"You know, I actually didn't attend U.A high-school." he chuckled, his irises facing up towards the ceiling. "That means, you guys must be one lucky bunch!"

Focusing my breath, I concentrated as I tried to spy on his thoughts. "Sorry, Tsukuyomi. I want to take someone new under my wing this time." though it deemed worthless, because as soon as I figured out what his ulterior motive was, he finally spoke up about it.

"So what do you guys usually do in the afternoon-" Hawks tried to ask, before getting rudely cut off my Iida's smart remarks.

"We train our quirks and practice our special moves!" he stood up, his mouth barking loud words at our substitute teacher. Hawks was 22, only a few years older than us. But he looked so high and mighty, like he was on some kind of gold pedestal none of us were allowed to touch or breathe on.

His skin was flawless, no noticeable open pores or even fungal acne. The growing beard on his chin reminded me somewhat of Mr. Aizawa's, but neater and more composed. Hawks wore eyeliner, which he did in a unique style. Sharp triangles consisting of liquid liner were drawn near the corners of his eyes, I wondered if he actually applied it himself.

The rumors were accurate, his hair really was something else. A few messy strands here and there, but other than that, it was gelled and sprayed to perfection. I wondered what it felt like, if it was stiff or soft like a pampered pomeranian. From the corner of my eye, I could already see Deku writing down his analysis in that half-torn notebook of his.

"Alright then! Mr. Aizawa, I'm gonna take your class out for a spin. Where's the nearest gym?" Hawks beamed with excitement, he almost seemed too happy. It was unrealistic, but all of our eyes were drawn in. All of us were secretly admiring the pro hero, one of the top ten other than All Might, was standing right in front of us in the flesh.

"Gym Gamma is near the back, enjoy." Mr. Aizawa groaned, his breath probably reeking of booze and plaque-covered teeth. I wondered if he took care of himself at all, it was hard to believe that he was allowed to show up to class looking like a total wreck. The weight of his face sank to the left side, as he closed his eyes again and drifted back into his nap.

All of us jumped out of our seats, lining up behind the back of our wooden desks and nearly hopping over each other. Tsuyu and Ochako stood in front of me, their bright smiles appearing somewhat similar. "Oh my gosh! Can you believe it? We're gonna get trained by Hawks!"

"Tokoyami, you're so lucky! You must be like, really strong now, right?" Ochako tapped on our classmate's shoulder, which was more relaxed than we originally thought. He twisted his head back, the sideview of his yellow beak pointing outwards.

"Master is truly incredible, yes." he nodded his head, that uniquely deep voice of his sending shivers and rattles down all three of our poor spines. "I couldn't be more ecstatic to see him."

Hawks stood at the front of the line, almost like he was assigned the role of leader that was greatly sought after in elementary school. Followed by Iida and Yaomomo, both of our class representatives made sure we abided by all rules. We were still present on the school's extensive campus, after all. "Everyone, listen up!" Iida called, his hand saluting.

"We will be departing from our classroom now. Please stay quiet and respectful at all times! Other classes are still in session." all of us did a thumbs-up, our hysterical laughter and twinkling smiles filling the room with positive warmth.

Similar to a marching band, all twenty of us first-years happily danced out the sliding doors. Only a small group of us stood with angst, Bakugou and Mineta's hands both stuffed into their spacious pockets. I took a deep breath, clearing my head of any lingering thoughts as I prepared for another round of relentless training, since Hawks' motto was speed over power.

"Hawks, wait." Mr. Aizawa murmured from the slight part in his chapped lips, his long jet-colored hair tickling and flowing over his sharp cheekbones. "I know you're still a kid, but act like an adult for once."

The pro hero was tossed aback by the odd compliment, if you could even call it that. Flashing a thumbs-up through his latex gloves, Hawks happily tilted his head to the side.

"You got it, sir."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; hey so i was suffering from really bad writer's block because of my aizawa fic, it wasn't as planned out as i thought and i'm unsure if i want to put it on hiatus or not

but i have soo many ideas for this story, and hawks is actually uh my main comfort character. i sob when i see him, he truly makes me happy

i suffer a lot with professionally diagnosed psychosis and antisocial personality disorder, and idk even though he's a virtual character he kind of ?? gives me that boost i need and the motivation to move on

i don't want to dig too deep into my personal life but i feel comfortable enough telling my small following on here or whoever may read this. you are all so beautiful and your problems mean as much as mine do

i love you so so much, thank you for reading ❤️

credit to: na2424na on Twitter
words: 1245