part 35

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

The restaurant wasn't glamorized in diamond chandeliers or marble pillars. Instead it had warm lanterns, with clinging vines and dark oak floorboards. Underground instrumental and lyrical music emitted from the antique jukebox, each beat and bass drop shaking the ground.

Competing voices blasted throughout my ear canals, the public's uncanny thoughts shaking my head. The clattering sound of glass dishes and iced bottles echoed from the bar, a few neon lights illuminating azure and ruby hues throughout the room.

I could just smell the savory aroma, lingering above my taste-buds and absorbing itself into my tongue. Unhealthy food like macaroni and cheese, or the greasiest burgers that afterwards made you drown inside an ocean of regret.

A clacking sound, similar to fishing docks lining the salty sea, was made after each step I took. If only Keigo was here, then I bet we would stay for hours. Every dish on the menu, he wouldn't leave until he tried them all.

Thankfully, Ochako and Tsuyu had already reserved a table. My eyes scouted the room, the tingling touch of my fingers grazing over my elbow making me shiver. "Where could they be?" I thought, even the employees came up to me.

"(Y/N)? Ribbit." I heard a familiar voice, coming from behind me. It was Tsuyu, who had just finished doing business inside of the ladies' restroom. "You made it!" she grinned, accidentally slipping out the tip of her pink tongue.

"What's the necklace for?" she asked, seeing how Keigo's gift wasn't hidden away. "That feather looks really authentic!" Tsuyu grazed her bottom lip with the gentle touch of her finger.

"It's just a precaution that Hawks and I do, y'know? Just incase something happens." I linked arms with her, coming up with another disguised truth. It was somewhat a precaution, but only him and I knew the real reason behind the feather necklace.

"I'm not sure how I feel about that, ribbit." she chuckled, the two of us walking back to what I presumed to be the reserved table. "You graduated from U.A, so he must know you can protect yourself."

"I guess, but it's good to have a backup plan." I responded, the two of us attracting glares from nearby employees and customers.

Tsuyu and I easily passed the surrounding crowd, fitting between tight spaces and just barely avoiding the silver platters of piping entrees. She kept her hair at the same length, always wearing a perfect ribbon-bow like it was the last time she could.

"(Y/N), Tsuyu!" Ochako yelled from afar, flailing her hand from left to right and flashing us her pearly teeth. A friendly waitress stood beside the table, a miniature notebook grasped tightly within her hands.

Her bobbed hair was carefully styled into a high ponytail, I wondered how she managed to tie that. Paired with red ribbons and the same ruby heels, Ochako was dressed to the maximum in pastel colors.

I slid in my legs, pulling down the hem of my picnic dress. They must've been waiting for me, before deciding what they wanted to order. I quickly read through the menu, already knowing what I wanted to dine on tonight.

"You know, it's been a while since I had a burger." I laughed, both Tsuyu and Ochako giggling with me and nodding their heads.

"Should we all get one? Ribbit." Tsuyu asked, peeking her right eye at the shroom burger. I could never bring myself to eat mushrooms so contently.

"Yeah! That sounds like fun." Ochako agreed, she was always so bubbly and joyful.

"Alright, then! Three burgers, please." I held up a signal towards the patient waitress, afterwards poking to the different burgers we wanted. "These ones."

She scribbled down a few letters, jotting down words in her work journal. With the swift flick of each pen stroke, the waitress looked up and asked. "Will that be all for today?"

"Oh, wait! May we get another glass of water?" Ochako interrupted.

"No problem." our waitress grinned, prancing off into the distance with her notes close to heart.

Ochako waited for her to leave a certain point, so whatever spurt out of her mouth next wouldn't create a huge scene. Then she banged her clenched fists against the table, vibrating the complimentary napkins and condiments. "You've got some explaining to do."

"If I'm seeing this right.." she dramatized, caressing the imaginary scruff near the bottom of her chin. "That's Hawks' feather, isn't it?" her eyes pointed downwards at the centerpiece of my necklace.

"Are you two dating?!" Ochako's body tossed aback, driven by her own shock.

"Something like that." I laughed, there was no point in continuing the lie. It would only end up worsening things, anyways. "Was it obvious?"

"I've known ever since we reunited at the mall. Girl, you're crazy if you think I'm going to believe that weird technique! Splashing cold water on your face?" she couldn't stop laughing, a different reaction from what I had expected.

It was the best outcome that could've happened, both of their support for Keigo and me. The three of us continued to catch up on all sorts of things, topics we hadn't touched during our time at the shopping mall. According to them, I was the only one in a serious relationship between our small friend group.

And after several minutes of patiently waiting, our food has finally arrived. The waitress cautiously placed it upon the surface of our table, making sure she didn't accidentally drop another silver tray. Indulging in food like this every now and then wasn't so bad, it was a good treat- especially considering all that's happened.

We chowed down until the night's end, even ordering a few drinks from the bar. It wasn't enough to get drunk off of, and I eventually made it safely back home, within the comfort of Keigo's penthouse. I was counting down, crossing out each passing day on our kitchen calendar. There were only four left, before he was finally able to come back.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i'm so sorry it's 5 am lol i'm tired and way too lazy to write a 1000+ word part on the three of them eating mf burgers 😭😭

credit to: uji_c_m on Twitter
words: 1042