part 86

«──────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ────────»

"Awhh, yeah!" Keigo tossed in the flimsy carton of delicate eggs, flicking his wrist as if he were a famous basketball player. "Score!" he clenched his fists and quietly cheered within his personal circle.

"You're gonna crack them, Keigo!" I glanced into the rolling cart, flipping up the tab and turning around each egg. I was looking for bruises or defects, spills of golden yolk that could have fallen with the impact.

"Oh, no!" he muttered, stretching his neck to the side and fluffing up his honey-blonde hair. "The baby chicks!" he instantly ran over, desperately fumbling around and messing up the piled groceries in our cart.

"You've turned into a real villain, huh?" I giggled, teasing Keigo. He shook his head, flinging his bangs. Whining loudly and nearly creating a scene, I stood back and made sure nobody was stealing embarrassing peeks.

"A villain?! Me? Nah, you've got it all wrong." he sighed in relief, seeing as the dozens of eggs were still in perfect condition. "Phewww!" he wiped off an imaginary drop of sweat that had been lingering around his browbone.

Breezes emitting off refrigerated shelves of pasteurized milk and packaged cheese brushed over my knuckles, causing them to flush with the color of blush. I heaved a heavy bottle of milk into the cart, making it rattle.

Flapping sandals and tantum throwing kids raced around the supermarket, running in spirals and skipping down the middle tiles of the dessert aisle. If Aki was here, he probably would've joined in or urged to play.

"Why do you care so much about the eggs, anyways? They're fine, Keigo." I asked him, before tightly crossing my arms and trying to kick him off my calves. He was ready to sob, and wipe his snot on my skin.

"Cuz the baby chicks, man! I could've hurt the baby chicks." he howled in pain, while I tried to contain my bubbly laughter. I shook him off my leg, nudging the head of my sneaker against his sunken chest.

"Those orphan babies, they've already gone through so much.. And I was about to hurt- no, kill them!" he threw a fit, reaching a higher level of annoyance than any of the other misbehaving children in the supermarket.

"The eggs are pasteurized, Keigo. There are no 'baby chicks' inside." and as soon as I said that, he fixed his heartbroken expression and quietly whistled to himself, acting as if he never said anything regarding the chickens.

"Yeah, yeah I know that! Who doesn't know that? Pfft." he tapped his shoes against the reflective tiles, watching behind his broad shoulders. "You don't have to tell me twice, (Y/N)." I chuckled and walked away.

"Didn't you attend U.A? Thought they would've taught ya that stuff there." Keigo clutched his fingers around the handle of the cart, rolling it away from the dairy section and into the far aisle of baking supplies.

I hit my sweaty palm against my face, an audible slapping sound playing underneath my skin. Keigo did high skips and kicked up his opposite legs, singing off-tune melodies and songs that I couldn't recognize.

"Do you just get a thrill out of being annoying?" I barely picked up my feet, as I trudged behind. Keigo reached his arms out and tossed in heavy bags of flour, so many that our shopping cart nearly overflowed.

He stuck his bottom out, arching his back dramatically and tapping his finger against his lip. "Huuh." the bulb of his nose nearly touched the plastic containers encasing loaves of bread. "You think I'm annoying?" he pouted.

I hit my hands against my bending knees, laughing hysterically in the middle of the aisle. "Oh, my gosh!" I cracked my head back and instantly tried to shut my lips. "Keigo, we don't need this much flour!"

He stood up properly, shaking off the irritating silly act that he had put on. "Yeah, I know." he rubbed the back of his head, twirling the tips of his long hair into drills. "I just wanted to see how you would react, see?" he smiled.

"Yeah, I can see that. Crazy ass bird." one by one, I took out the piles of heavy flour and placed them back on their assigned shelves. Keigo helped me do so, too. Cruising shoppers walked by, staring at his folded wings.

I reached for the bag of flour that we actually needed, a more expensive brand, but the quality was better overall. "Do you think Aki's gonna love it?" I brought it down to my chest, before passing it back into the cart.

"Love what?" Keigo tilted his head to the side, while leaning his chest over the handlebars. "What kid doesn't love birthday parties? Especially when its their own."

"No, I mean like.. Do you think he's going to like the carrot cake- I can't even say it, damn." I giggled loudly, stepping back out of instinct and cupping my palm over my mouth. "Ahahaha! Give me a seco- just one second!"

"Are you slandering carrot cake, right now?" Keigo furrowed the arch in his eyebrows, glaring down at the sight of me. "First of all, how dare you slander carrot cake?! It's the best type, literally everyone knows that."

"He said it was his favorite, anyways!" Keigo argued, while I huffed and puffed, trying to gather my composure. Keigo and I approached the self checkout cashiers, his fingers already dialing in buttons and pins.

He weighed each milk carton, each box of fortunately, spotless eggs. Keigo even bagged the groceries himself, an aggravated smirk on his pretty face as he tried to ignore my breakdown over carrot cake.

We shoved our shoulders against each other, as we practically waddled out of the supermarket. Straps of plastic dug into my fingers, creating marks atop the surface of my skin. Keigo bumped my shoulder one more time.

"Oh, and by the way?" I gazed up at the bright sky, my eyes stinging underneath the blinding sun rays. "Aki's favorite his chocolate cake, not carrot."

"Honestly, I don't even think he knows what carrot cake is."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i finished my remaining plan for this story so expect uploads more quickly!!! also i just wanted to say

THANK YOUU! thank you so so much for 300k reads on "princess" and 100k on "the assistant". i never expected to surpass even 100 reads, and all of your support means the world to me. i promise that i'll try my best to improve my writing, and deliver future fics to you soon :)

after i finish this story, i plan to continue my bakugo one out of viewer request. then i'll do shoto, and i might publish others while i work on those two.

if anyone here recognizes the name, i really love Twisted Wonderland! my favorite character is Idia Shroud, and i plan to create a fic about him

^
(its currently private, but if this gets attention then i may release it)

have an amazing rest of your day, i love you all so much. i have to attend chemistry now, but i'll be writing in class since i wanna publish maybe 2-3 more parts tonight

regarding my dabi fic, i plan to rewrite it with an entirely different plot (better one, too) i really didn't like how i wrote "princess", and i knew that there were a few times that i was somewhat insensitive because i was uneducated.

credit: Kohei Horikoshi and.. John Cena? 🧐
words: 1251