part 31

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Did you pack your underwear?!" I yelled, sorting through Keigo's hard-cased luggage and the checking the list I had made prior.

"It's just for a week, beautiful." he responded, leaning his shoulder against the outline of the door. "Don't worry yourself too much."

Keigo's agency had assigned a new mission for him, apparently there were villain sightings around the countryside. Other heroes had been sent, but none of their reports have returned for reasons unknown. It would be too dangerous for me to tag along, so I was instructed to stay back.

His luggage was packed neatly, separate bags labeled with tags such as "Snacks." or "Hero Costumes." However he was missing one thing, the most important need of them all- clean pairs of underwear. I shuffled throughout his bag, double-checking areas I was unsure about. Yet still, I couldn't find a single set.

"If you're leaving for a week, then you need 7 pairs." I said, zipping up the assorted bags that I had undone. "And don't bring that stupid Spongebob one that you bought off a sketchy website."

"What do you mean? It was official merch!" Keigo groaned, stomping his way over from behind my knelt body.

"Official merch on a website with a red hazard sign?You're lucky that your credit card information wasn't stolen!" I laughed, holding out my hand and waiting for the stack of underwear which I had expected him to grab.

Keigo scoffed obnoxiously, smashing the folded pairs of clean expensive underwear into the palm of my hand. His luggage was stuffed with the necessities, I could barely shut it closed- more or less zip it up. "Alright, then!" I said, ready to finish the list.

"Dental care? Check!"

"Hero costumes are also checked."

"And underwear is finally checked too!"

"I'm all set!" Keigo smiled, rolling the luggage off the carpeted bedroom floor. It was six in the morning, the grass outside still freshly topped off with drops of dew. I had woken up to the sound of rapid whispers, that's why I was able to help Keigo pack for his mission.

The soles of my feet tapped against the floor, the quiet stomping sounds inevitable. Keigo was dressed in his usual costume, his vermilion wings barely fitting between the parallel corridor walls. Before he could unlock the door, a lightbulb lit up inside of my head. "Wait!"

"You forgot one thing, hang on!" I continued to yell, sprinting down the empty hallway and making a quick turn into our bedroom. He was forgetting the most important thing of them all, which was neither a garment of clothing or a favorite bottle of shampoo.

I carefully picked his Endeavor plush off the ground, it had stumbled off the edge of our bed during last night. Though dirty and a product of patchwork, this 20 centimeter (8 inches) doll meant the world to him. It had been with him since he was a kid, never leaving Keigo's side.

Chasing back down the hallway, I cradled the filthy toy within my arms, holding it close to my beating heart. Keigo looked shocked, his hands spread open and patiently waiting for the comfort of the doll. "You forgot this." I smiled, passing the lightweight plush to him.

Keigo pulled the two of us into a hug, my chest pressing up against his while he planted a series of rapid kisses upon the top of my forehead. "I can't believe I forgot it." he chuckled, the arms of the Endeavor doll sticking into my cleavage. "Thanks."

"Do you need any help?" I asked, watching as Keigo struggled to hurl the luggage out of the door. It wasn't heavy, but the wheels were somewhat old and usually got stuck to things. I laughed to myself and picked up the luggage with my quirk, untangling the formed knot.

I tackled him from behind, my legs wrapping around his waist. "Just a week, right?" I whimpered, my nails scrunching into his warm jacket.

"That's right! Before you know it, I'll be back." Keigo comforted, his boots scraping against the floor. "Promise."

"Alright, I believe you." I laughed, patting down his shoulder and hopping off his body. "You better come back in one piece!"

Keigo slid up his shades, chuckling with me and losing track of time. "For the last time, I'll be fine!"

"And no, I didn't pack the Spongebob underwear." he continued, caressing over the bottom of my chin with the tips of his fingers.

"Now, show me that pretty little face of yours." he smirked, tilting up my head and leaning in for a kiss.

I parted away from his lips, holding him one last time. "Stay safe, seriously." I spoke, feeling down his cheeks with the palms of my hands.

"Yeah, yeah." Keigo held up my feather necklace, the makeshift jewelry piece which we had transformed into something real. Now with authentic gold and silver, it wasn't supported by a weak hoodie string. "Try not to miss me too much."

"No promises." I smiled, watching as Keigo slowly directed his view away. Prancing off into the distance, his hands hidden underneath the comfort of his pockets, he turned away at me and yelled.

"Read my letters, alright?" he cupped his mouth, boosting up the volume. "And feel free to use my card! Buy whatever your heart desires."

I shut the door behind me, the vermilion feather dangling off the hook of my necklace tickling my skin. The penthouse was empty, it was just me and the rising sun. It was quiet, too. All of my footsteps sounded like ogre tramples.

My right foot continuously passed the other, walking towards the cleared table surface. I picked up Keigo's credit card, probably stacked with thousands of dollars. "So.." I glared at the 16 digits, not trying to remember the specific order.

The warm sunbeams reflected off the sharp edge of the plastic card, blinding my eyes and hiding the numbers. I tapped my foot against the ground, looking back at the locked door behind me.

"What now?"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; HIII sorry about my activity!! i keep getting distracted but right now i'm kinda focused so i might be able to publish another part in like 1-2 hours?

today is hawks' birthday, the 28th of december!
(at least for me) so next part will probably have a birthday thumbnail lol

have a good day/night, i love you all so so much ❤️

credit to: da__0118 on Twitter
words: 1083