part 1

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Ochako glanced down at her nails, which were freshly painted over with a shade of hot pink. Hagakure had been the one to do the job, but since she forget to add a top coat, the nails were already chipped and slightly cracked from morning training. "I wonder what we have to do for class today.." she murmured.

We had just been released off our lunch break, some of us packing food, and the rest being purchased from the bustling food court. I fixated my eyes down at my stomach, which was bloated after consuming two servings of cold soba. I wanted to taste the hype, since it seemed to be the only dish Todoroki ordered. Let's just say, it was worth everything. "Hopefully Mr. Aizawa doesn't give us some kind of tough training regimen."

"Are you okay, Ochako? Ribbit." Tsuyu asked, her right thumb grazing over the surface of her lips.

Ochako was tense, a small drop of sweat and frustration lingering above her right eyebrow. She cradled her arms together and hung her head low, the bulb of her greasy nose pointing downwards at the ground beneath us. I looked past her fawn-colored hair, the bright sunbeams from outside squirting into my eye and making my brain bleed. Her palms were red and fuzzy, sweaty even.

"Umm, I don't really know." she sighed, scratching the back of her itchy scalp with her messily painted nails. "Can I be honest with you two?"

Looking around, there was nobody near us. Our only company was the hallway, the same long corridor that never seemed to end. "What's wrong? You've been acting kind of weird recently." Tsuyu was known to speak her mind, one would even say that she had no filter.

The clacking of our school shoes and brown pumps impacted against the floor, creating thumps that echoed off the cement walls and bulletproof glass. We had just moved into our student dormitories, which became a semi-permanent residence for us after All Might's unexpected retirement from the hero scene. "Don't worry, you can trust us!" I smiled.

"Well, you know Deku, right?" she nearly stuttered, the tips of her fingers clinging onto the hem of our pleated, navy skirts.

I had always known about Ochako's crush on Midoriya, honestly, I didn't even need to use my quirk. Her facial expressions were easy to read, and she wasn't exactly the best at hiding her feelings. This time however, her head was filled with clouds. All I could see was grey, the fogginess of it all making it hard to sense her spiraled emotions.

"I think I have-" she continued.

"Hey, you three!" a warm set of arms embraced us from behind, tugging my hair down slightly and ripping a few strands from out of my scalp. Mina's fluffy hair tickled my pierced earlobe, her pink skin creating a diversity of color between us. She had fading bruises around the knuckles of her fingers, probably because of training and excessive usage of her acid quirk. "Whatcha doing?" she asked.

I leaned back against her forearm, my hair scrunching and tangling with itself, creating unwanted knots. She broke my trail of focus, so now I couldn't use my quirk. I can only activate it if I'm concentrated, I really needed more training. Maybe even extra lessons, if that was possible. "Calm down, (Y/N)! You look like you've just seen a ghost." Mina commented on my dumbfounded expression.

"Anyways, what are you guys waiting for? Class is gonna start soon, and you know what happens if we show up late." she continued, leaving the three of us speechless as she excitedly pranced down the illuminated hallway, her hands ribboning together as she hummed to herself and thought of new dance moves to prsctice. Ochako glanced around, her vibrant nails tapping over the bottom of her wrist.

"Guess we should probably get going, huh?" she tilted her head to the side, not in the mood to tell us any further about her feelings, or what had been bothering her.

"Ribbit.." Tsuyu responded, her eyelashes battering as she nodded her head in agreement. As time went on, the hallways got emptier and emptier, class was in session. I hooked my fingers inside of my wrinkled collar, fixing it and adjusting my crimson tie.

"But, you can tell us later!" I beamed with joy, flashing my perfectly aligned teeth. Those painful years of braces didn't go to waste, so it was time to show it off. "We'll always be here for you, Cha!" the nickname that I had given to Ochako on the first day of school, even when we weren't close friends.

A domino effect took place, even Tsuyu's face lit up with a bright glow. Our cheekbones raised as we smiled, showing support for our friend no matter what. The sun was warm, gleaming down on us and temporarily lighting our hair and irises. I felt the grime on my forehead, erasing it off with a swipe of my palm. The three of us walked in silence, just the sound of our uniform shoes tapping against the freshly mopped tiles, until we made it in front of the classroom.

The sliding door was gigantic, almost three times my height. With a large "1-A" marker painted across the door, the three of us took once last glance at each other before nodding our heads. While we weren't the last ones to arrive for Mr. Aizawa's lecture, we sure were apart of the late bunch. Chattering first-year students could be heard from outside, the recognizable voice of my loud classmates ringing throughout my ear canal.

Before Tsuyu and I could walk in, Ochako's voice made the wispy hairs on our arms puff and stand up. "Hey, guys?" she requested of us, her cut bangs drooping over to the right as she tilted her head. "Can we all agree on a group hug?"

"Yeah."

"Of course!"

I felt both of their hot breaths tickling down my neck, our warm bodies pulling into a squeezing hold. Even though I had only known these two for one semester, I knew that this newfound friendship would last an eternity.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; got bored at 4 am so i wrote part one of the hawks fanfic i was planning to do in january 😐

it's now 7 am and i cant sleep but whenever i say that i end up falling asleep like 5 minutes later LMFAOO so uh

art credit: strawbit.ch on Instagram
meme credit: eccos2ksdirtytoiletwater on Instagram
words: 1094

ch on Instagrammeme credit: eccos2ksdirtytoiletwater on Instagramwords: 1094