part 49

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Ooh, wow!" I gasped in shock, trying to refrain myself from placing both hands onto the spotless glass. "Hawks, you needa get a look at this!"

I couldn't focus on anything but the vast view, the street cars from below resembling the likes of glowing ant colonies. Their brightly streaking headlights blinded me, mixing hues of orange red and crystal blue.

Instrumental jazz music played out from the restaurant's antique jukebox, competing with the loud chatter and rattling glass dishes. The windows were cold to the touch, my fingertips absorbing the freezing feeling.

"It's beautiful." I whispered, admiring the rooves of buildings nearby. I rubbed my smooth legs together, the freshly-shaved feeling being one of a kind. I didn't even hear Keigo's footsteps behind me, more or less his usual chuckle.

"Right?" he whispered into my ear, swarming my stomach with butterflies and the gripping touch of his muscular hands. "Though, you wouldn't want to leave our table hanging."

"I got a room, just for the two of us." he teased, pulling away from my skin and wandering away. I turned around and followed after him, prancing my stilettos over the glazed wooden floorboards.

Our hostess led us to a faraway booth, a private room that Keigo paid extra money for. Sheer curtains decorated the tall door frame, the walls filled with sparkling windows. And from outside rested the swimming moon, gleaming its shine and hitting the large table.

My heart fluttered at the sight, Keigo's flashing smile hitting my core. I covered my cheeks with my hands, giggling hysterically and bending my knees slightly. "God damnit, Keigo." I spurt out, tensing up his shoulders.

"Heyy, now. Let's keep that name out of the public, alright?" he laughed, pulling out a chair for me. I gulped down my saliva and pulled down the hem of my velvet dress, sliding my body into the comfort of the onyx-colored leather.

"So, what? Do you love it?" Keigo sat down across from me, reaching his hand over the surface of the table. Our fingertips connected for a moment, then entwined together and locked. He rubbed his thumb over the side of my hand, distributing a comforting warmth.

"Of course I love it, who wouldn't?" I didn't want to look him in the eye, since I'd probably blush more than I already was. "But-"

"I can't repay you for all of this.." I fluttered my eyelashes, lightly digging my nails into his skin. Keigo's silver rings felt cold against my knuckles, his jewelry glistening below the spiraling chandeliers.

"Repay me? Are you kidding?" he chuckled, looking me dead in the eye. "You've already compensated for the cost."

"I don't want your money, (Y/N)." he sighed, gripping onto my hand tighter and cramping it up. "Can't you see?"

"Everything I need, all of it is right in front of me." he whispered, making me look down at my neck. The vermilion feather necklace he had gifted to me flowed down into my cleavage, lingering close to my rapid beating heart.

I tried not to cry, my nose scrunching and sniffling as I stopped myself from blinking. Because if I did, I knew that it would only start a series of waterworks. I floated a complimentary napkin near my face, using it to dry my tear-filled waterline.

The upbeat jazz music from the main dining hall switched into something more fitting, a low piano harmony that echoed off every wall. My toes tapped to the beat of the song, imaginary lyrics playing like sheets of notes in my head.

"Look at you, making me go all soft in public." I laughed, a few front strands of my hair falling to the side. "And I thought I was the tough one here."

"I guess that's just the effect I have on people, right?" Keigo spat out, the two of us breaking out in witch cackles. I covered my mouth with the palm of my hand, reaching over to the shivering glass of filtered water.

I took a sip from my paper straw, guzzling it down and coughing slightly. "Doesn't change the fact that you're a sneaky jerk, though." I jokingly teased, looking at him with a fake mean eye.

"What did I ever do to you?!" he began to say one of our inside jokes, making me huff louder and nearly spit out my water.

"Enough, Anna.." I responded, before kicking my legs and flailing them out like an excited toddler. Keigo and I continued to create bunches of noise, probably annoying the other restaurant attendees.

"Seriously, though! And right when I thought that I've got you good." Keigo tried not to yell, but his voice tended to reach higher pitches and volumes than others surrounding him.

"Did you honestly think that I was going to come hopping over, and give you a little kiss on the cheek?" I crumpled the paper wrapping of my straw between my fingertips, picking at the excess which had unfortunately fallen off.

"And what if I was?" I heard Keigo's thoughts, he must've put down his defenses in order to play with me. "You're so mean sometimes, (Y/N)."

"Wait, can you hear this?" I continued to read his head, not being able to control my quirk. "Holy shit, you can!"

"Hey, don't look at me with that frown! It hurts my feelings.." I didn't notice my furrowing eyebrows, a disgusted expression painted across my face like an artist's canvas. I let my mouth hang ajar, mostly in shock.

"Also, where the hell is our waiter? C'mon, people!" Keigo's inside voice groaned loudly, making squawking sounds that I had never heard before. I guess he really was a bird on the inside.

"You look so stupid right now." I spoke back using my telepathy, which shocked him for a moment. "Maybe they don't want to come, because they're scared of smelling your rancid breath."

"Too far man, too damn far!" he laughed in fake pain, holding his heart as if it had been shot through with an arrow. "Hold on, so you can hear everything?"

After nodding, I then realized my huge mistake. Keigo began to make the weirdest noises, like bird calling and chicken clucks. His genuine laughs between each animal interval made me smile, so I dealt with it and kept my mouth shut.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; this went from beautiful to sad, then to funny? that's what happens when you listen to a howls moving castle soundtrack while writing hawks fic

i'm going to get started on my japanese class project now, it's this slideshow thing for new years and i got the topic of food so UHHH you guys already Know.

or maybe i should work on bakugou idk man

credit to: Kohei Horikoshi
words: 1133

credit to: Kohei Horikoshiwords: 1133