part 82

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Aki!" I tapped my fist against his bedroom door, the metal knob jittering when I tried to come in. "May I come in?" I asked.

There were a few moments of silence, an awkward pause where one could only hear the blasting air conditioning. I heard fumbling dishes from the kitchen, hitting glass and rug sweeps. Keigo peered back at me, a certain glare in his eye.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked away, resting my head limp upon the wooden door. "Aki? You there, baby?"

It instantly swung open, the short toddler hanging his head down low and pouting his lips. Aki reached for my hand, dragging me into his cold room. I nearly tripped at the force, my right foot stumbling over the other.

He slammed the door shut, securing the lock and trudging with his arms tightly crossed. "Hi.." his chubby cheeks were puffed up with air, before he sat down beside me on the edge of his springy mattress.

Aki leaned to the side, resting his head in my lap. I combed through his hair with my fingers, twirling drills in the tips of his long, blonde hair. "I'm sorry." he apologized, gazing up at me and stretching his hand towards the bottom of my chin.

"I'm not the one you should be sorry to, silly." I smiled, trailing my finger over his cold forearm. "I know how much you want to become a hero, because I was in that position before."

"Really?" Aki brushed aside a few strands of my hair, whisking them behind my ear. "Cuz you know how strong Papa is, right? I wanna go to same course as him, so I can be just like that!"

"I know, baby. I know." the two of us laid back, watching dust bunnies swim throughout the air. Aki's curtains flew with the breeze, twinkling windchimes from outside playing out songs and soothing harmonies.

Shining sunbeams lit up streaks on his closed closet door, their morning glow shining atop our foreheads. Aki toppled over my body, resting his head upon my chest and putting his small ears next to my beating heart.

"What if we made our own little hero school? Here at home, and it'll only be the three of us." I suggested, blinking and focusing my view on a small popcorn crack in the ceiling. "Not just everyone gets to be trained by the number two hero." I giggled.

"I guess." he sighed, making me slightly frown. "I want a real course, y'know? Not some one at home." Aki planted a series of gentle kisses upon my forehead, constantly playing with my eyebrows and trying to shape them.

"Yeah, I get that." I cupped his face with my hands, lightly squishing his chubby cheeks. "But you know, your birthday's coming up pretty soon." Aki nodded his head, causing me to start doing it as well.

"Let's talk more about this then, alright? Give your father a bit more time." I continued, curling my toes into his soft blanket. Aki reached out behind me, picking up a Hawks plush that he had bought with his own saved money.

He tapped his fingertips against the golden marble eyes, and combed through the stitched faux hair of the doll. Releasing one more sigh, he kissed the plush that resembled Keigo, and placed it beside our resting bodies.

"Oki-doki!" and with that Aki went back to his regular self, the cheerful toddler that always spoke what was on his mind. "Do I have to apologize to him now, or?" he jumped off my chest, sliding his legs off the bed.

"Are you ready to?" I sat upright, fixing the doll that he had just messed up. "Only apologize if you're actually going to mean it."

"Uuuhm-" he fiddled his thumbs and paced in circles, staring up at the ceiling and walking in spins until the walls grew slurred. "Not reaaally!" Aki laughed, the hem of his shirt brought up to his neck.

"Then you don't have to apologize now." I spread my arms out wide, waiting for the toddler to come sprinting into them. And just as I expected, Aki did, hitting his face against my chest and returning the tight embrace.

"Tell you what, how bout' we head out? Just the two of us!" I suggested, burrowing my face into Aki's frail shoulder. "Papa doesn't have to come at all."

Aki's glossy eyes were overwhelmed with stars, a curving smile spreading out over his face. "Yes, yes! Let's do it!" he did a happy dance, fluttering the tips of his wings that had significantly grown. "Just the two of us, t-w-o!"

I wasn't going to invite Keigo, because the current tension between them would've ruined everything. He needed space, an empty house all for himself. I was sure that Aki felt the same way, too.

"Yep, just the two of us!" I laughed, while Aki held my hands. He clung on tightly, swinging them to the side and raising them above his head. I spun him in a twirl, as if he were an elegant dancer at a noble ball.

I let him go, allowing him to freestyle his way towards the closet. Clapping my hands together and applauding his sudden performance, Aki then did a dramatic forward bow and flung his hair back and forth.

"Thank you, thank you!" he laughed, fluttering his feathers in a curtsy and pulling up an imaginary princess gown. I was excited for what was about to come, all of the fun activities we could do together.

From boat rides to fruit-picking, the possibilities in this town were endless. There was a long list to complete, but if all else failed, then we could always just go shopping. I scooted off Aki's bed, patting down my clothes and leaving him to change.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i'm sorry that this is slightly mediocre, i'm surrounded by family and bright lights and i never work good in those types of environments

also my head hurts uhghfh i'm just gonna go play danganronpa and obsess over hiyoko and kazuichi

i live off super sweet desserts and coffee, then i decide to go to bed at 8 am and wake up at like 3, maybe this is my fault ??

credit: Kohei Horikoshi and kokichiwalmart on Instagram
words: 1057