part 42

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Pssst.." I spoke between the grid of my teeth, poking my finger into Keigo's left cheek. "Psssstt!"

Thousands of meters above sea-level, all the window displayed were the endless rolling plains of cumulous clouds. It had been a few hours since we boarded the flight, and now the skies were turning dark.

Hypnotizing hues of violet and orange shrouded the sky, creating an orchestra of sunset colors. The Atlantic ocean went on for miles, all sorts of unimaginable creatures basking within its depths.

The blazing sun was ready to descend past the slit of the horizon, allowing the twilight night to overrun. Keigo snored into my ear, and he had been doing so for the past five hours. "Wake up, already." I budged him one last time.

"Oh, huh?" he gnawed his mouth open, feeling his scruffy chin. The smell of mint had faded, and now his breath consisted of nothing more than a foul stench. "What's going on, (Y/N)?" he asked, while I put down our plastic trays.

One of the many flight attendants came over, the wheels of her rolling cart gliding over the cabin floor. I gently rubbed away the dried eye-boogers Keigo had, flicking them off my fingers and using a drop of hand sanitizer afterwards.

He played with his silver stud earrings, feeling his earlobe that thankfully wasn't infected. "Would you two care for any drinks?" the airline hostess asked, sorting through a few cans of foreign soda and expensive alcohol.

"Do you guys have whiskey?" Keigo asked curiously, poking his head out from the spacious window seat.

"Yes, we do!" she nodded her head, pouring a crystal glass of scotch whiskey. It resembled liquid gold, the alcohol being born from a mix of bold red and aged brown. "And for the lady?" she continued, setting down his reflective glass of booze.

"Just water, thanks." I smiled, accepting the glass of filtered water with two hands. She also handed us a platter of varied bread loaves, to which we instantly salivated over.

I broke apart a piece of seed bread, halving it and sharing it with Keigo. We laughed and dug into our sudden snack, sometimes not even using the complimentary butter and raspberry jam. Then the seatbelt alert dinged, notifying that it was safe to wander around.

Snores and whistling breaths ticked me off, almost everyone in the cabin was asleep. I peeked back into the lonely aisle, while Keigo smacked his lips and gulped down teaser bread. The atmosphere was cold, other passengers wrapped in fluffy blankets.

I could only depend on the L.E.D signs to guide my way. I locked in my plastic tray, sliding my body out from my faux leather seat. "Where are you going?" Keigo mumbled, chewing loudly and huffing down whiskey.

"To the bathroom." I responded, his hands making a sudden reach for my wrist. He stood up with me, following me out of our row.

"Let me come with you." he said, shoving past me and walking with clenched fists in both jacket pockets. "I really feel like doing a facemask, y'know?"

"A facemask?" I yelled in a whisper, giggling slightly and allowing Keigo to take the lead. Not even the airline hostesses were out, it was just the two of us in a crowded room of snoozing people.