part 18

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

A few days had passed, and now Hawks and I found ourselves wandering throughout a mall. The halls were never-ending, and I swore that I had seen that one storefront before. We were dressed in casual clothes, since today was a rare day off.

"Why are we here anyways?" I asked, speaking up in the midst of the crowd. All of the stores here included designer fashion, or expensive makeup that I only touched in Hawks' studio. Purebred dogs and lavish young adults, I felt so out of place.

"I didn't tell you?" Hawks asked, before tilting up his yellow shades and allowing them to hang limp over his forehead. "We're going shopping."

"Uhhh-" I looked around, since we were in the center of a shopping mall. With marble flooring and gourmet drink shops, Hawks and I walked past indoor fountains and real, towering palm trees. "Yeah, it's almost like I didn't know we were in the middle of a mall." I teased.

"You're not very nice." Hawks complained, chuckling softly as we then wandered into our first boutique of the day. Knowing Hawks' shopping habits, there was a large possibility of us staying until closing hours. The mall included a sunroof, probably the reason why all of the flora thrived. Though by the time we finished, the sun would've probably been replaced by the moon.

"Y'know, for a fancy mall, it sure does stink of terrible B.O." I laughed to myself, hiding my mouth with the inside of my sleeve. Hawks had no shame, and tapped my shoulder as he tried not to grin menacingly. The stench was vile, lingering around both front and back entrances of the building.

"Anyways." I mumbled, skating out my expensive phone from my right-side pocket, it was a gift from Hawks that I had been actively using for the past few years. It was easy for him to afford such luxury, but I cherished that phone more than he could ever imagine. "I'll let you do your thing."

Usually on shopping trips, I didn't get anything. It wasn't because I couldn't, I just never wanted to. I was fine with the stuff I had, and Hawks sometimes brought home clothes for me anyways. Not only that, but I wasn't that confident in my style. I guess you could say I was still trying to figure out what I really liked.

Scrolling past pictures on my feed, I laughed at occasional memes and saved fanart pictures of my favorite television show characters. Though, my alone time only lasted a few minutes, before Hawks came running back with three beautiful gowns instead of a usual set of tailored suits.

"Try these on." he requested of me, picking up my legs and dragging me off the comfortable bench with a mere two feathers. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, my body slowly being pushed into the hallway of the dressing rooms. "Go on!' he seemed more giddy than usual.

They weren't the usual sleek dresses I wore to hero events, this time, they were nothing more than ball gowns one would notice in princess movies. There was an elegant black one, followed by a fairytale beige and a celestial lavender. Those were the three dresses I had to choose from, all of them equally matching in high prices.

Firstly I tried the black one, a gothic masterpiece which made me feel like an evil queen. It was sleeveless, and the velvet fabric glided against my skin like melted wax. I picked up parallel sides of the dress, doing a twirl then curtsy like a stereotypical fictional princess. The dress showed off my cleavage, but not tight enough to make anything seem unnatural.

Hawks didn't say anything, he just sat back against the bench with his legs crossed. His index finger coated over his scruffy chin, while he smiled at me. "This would look good with gold, but let's see the others first." I spoke up, marching back into the dressing rooms.

The next dress was something pulled out of a rococo dream, with defined stitching and translucent white lace. I felt a variety of fabrics, the gown was a vintage fantasy. With sleeves that hung on just below my shoulder, I resisted the urge to waltz throughout the forest in this dress.

"I love this one!" I smiled, its frills attaching on with ease as I spun in twirls. Yet Hawks still didn't say anything, he just relaxed and admired. "Come on, I need some input here!" I complained, my cleavage pointing down as I leaned forward at the lounging pro.

"What can I say?" he asked, like he had lost all sense of vocabulary. "Is there something you're looking for in particular?" so I forgot about it, slowly trudging back into the other dressing rooms.

I had already chosen a winner, but it would make no sense if I dropped all interest in the final dress. It looked more like an outing gown than one you would find at a ball, but I still had to wear it. It wasn't poofy like the other ones, and instead stayed rather close to my figure.

It was a beauty, to say the least. I could see myself wearing the lavender dress at my wedding someday, if that special occasion were to ever come. A tight waistband accentuated my hips, while the sheer fabric made me look like a goddess. Even though there were sleeves, my skin was still visible from underneath.

Picking out the beige dress, I hung the other two upon plastic clothing hangers, letting them sit alone in a changing room. Folding the chosen gown into half, I stayed silent as I organized my things and wandered outside of the narrow hallway.

After paying for the dress, I guess it was time for the two of us to head home. It was odd, we never finished shopping so quickly. It made me wonder if he already had chosen an outfit, but another conflict was affecting my brain more than that silly speculation.

"Why didn't you ever say anything? About the dresses, I mean." I asked Hawks, who then faced his eyes down at me. He looked peaceful, like someone who would never dare to scratch a fly. "If you didn't like them, you could've just said so-"

"That's not what I was thinking. I didn't talk, because there was something else on my mind." Hawks interrupted me, making me tilt my head to the side. I blinked, confused to what he was saying. "I just can't stop thinking about this one thing.."

"How beautiful you were in those dresses-"

"I simply couldn't focus on anything else."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; ITS HAPPENING ITS HAPPENING ITS BAPAENDJODNG

credit to: kirokochii on Twitter
words: 1129