halloween

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Get back here!" I shouted, holding my breath as a gothic corset squeezed my ribs and insides. Flailing a styrofoam sword in hand, and nearly kicking out of my stiletto's seat, I yelled at the top of my lungs until only wheezes came out.

Keigo laughed hysterically, repeatedly hitting his clenched fists against his knees as he and I raced around the neighborhood park. He undid the silk tie of his white ribbon, blowing up the falling feather on his pirate hat.

"C'mon, get em!" I stumbled over rough edged rocks, tripping over honed blades of grass. Bloodcurdling screams erupted out from the thieving child's raspy throat, as they carelessly dropped my several bags of candy.

Houses were decorated to their brims with string lights, flashing colors of orange and black. Fright attractions and cosplaying family members, all of them set and ready to knock the boots off whoever dared to come near.

Emitting fog whisked through the splitting ends of my hair, flying up into the sky- into the stars. From behind me I could hear Keigo, his grainy muttering too loud to ignore. "Damn it!" he grunted, kicking aside a stone.

I held my messy hair in place, before kneeling down against the dry, crumbling soil. My plastic, pumpkin purse was topped with mud and grime, making me sigh. "Jeeez.." I mumbled, not wanting to frown and ruin Halloween.

Patting down my sunken shoulder, Keigo gathered my annoying strands of hair and guided them out of my face. His frilly pants and lacy sleeves got caught in my corset, until the fabric tangled and nearly tore apart.

We were both dressed as medieval pirates, equipped with fake swords and even drawn-on mustaches. The shade of Keigo's fake facial hair didn't even match his blonde roots, but it was hilarious, and quite obnoxious.

I was basked within the shade created by his wings, which folded and ruffled with the midnight breeze. As Keigo's soft coos and whimpers began to fade away, now all I could hear was giggling, his laughter that always cheered me up.

"Don't be so down. At least we sent that kid crying!" he stood confidently, hands on his hips as he gazed up at the full moon. I picked up my empty bag, slowly tossing every packaged candy back inside.

"I'll bet you five dollars that tomorrow their mom will be banging at our door."  I chuckled, as Keigo stooped down. Like a handsome prince pulled out of a fantasy tale, he leaned down slightly, extending out his empty hand.

I gripped on, the tight lock instantly heaving me up. I was slammed into his chest, pulled so close until I could hear every beat of his skipping heart. Our plastic buckets of candy almost spilt, but thankfully their wrappings kept them safe.

Standing beneath the blue moonlight, I glided my fingers up Keigo's muscular arms. Under the many layers of frilly clothing, he was sweating, causing his body to radiate off a foul odor. Vanilla cologne and sweat never mixed well.

We found a spot to relax and sit, deciding that our candy hunt adventure would have to end early. On a short pillar of mossy cobblestone, Keigo wiped away the excess soil and decided to get situated down.

Recklessly digging through his dual buckets, Keigo set aside all of the hard candy that he didn't like. "Junk, junk- and more junk." he complained loudly, scattering the sweat on his forehead with the swipe of an arm.