part 75

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"You should really get some rest-" I caressed Keigo's dry cheek with the cold palm of my hand, holding it delicately. "I can answer the phone for you."

"No, no it's fine." he guided my wrist away, before smiling at me and heading towards the back of the car. "I'll be the one to make this call."

"Okay, whatever you say." I sighed, walking away and meeting with Aki near the trunk. The kid was picking out luggage, even crumpled napkins that had burrowed themselves deep within the space.

"This one has a pizza stain on it!" Aki held up the napkin to the sky, acting as if it were some ancient artifact or fossil. But it was nothing like that, it was just a sheet of thin paper stained with tomato sauce. "It's so cool!"

"I'm gonna name you, Timothy." the kid even assigned a title to the napkin, instantly growing attached to the thing that was used in the past to wipe off dirty leftovers. "Timothy the napkin, how adorable!"

"Is there another one back there?" Aki peeked his eyes back into the trunk, spying the dusty corners. "Cause what if Timothy gets lonely?" he fluttered his wings and lifted off the ground, stuffing his face past the piled luggage.

"Tell you what-" I nudged Aki's shoulder with my elbow. "If you can help me take out these bags, then I'll find Timothy a new friend." Aki instantly agreed, nodding his head and getting to work.

I peeled back the heel of my sneakers, tilting the shoe downwards and shaking out any pebbles or rocks. Aki speedily cleared out the trunk beside me, luggage and carry-on bags swimming outwards with the support of crimson feathers.

"All done!" Aki tugged down the band of my pants, pulling on the elastic and speaking in a pleading voice. "But can I see your quirk? Pretty please?"

I knelt down and stared in the distance, eyeing Keigo who had been hyper-fixated on his phone. We had time, so I didn't mind showing off a bit. Besides, it's been a while since I actually used my quirk in a situation like this.

"Sure- yeah!" I patted down Aki's shoulder, grinning at him. The harsh sun glared down onto our foreheads, the asphalt lot surrounding our car only coming to an end near the running river. It had taken us a few hours, but we finally arrived.

Fukuoka Prefecture, which I also referred to as Keigo's hometown. We had come all the way to Yanagawa, a canal city known for its seasons and branching artificial rivers. Weeping willow trees drooped down from above in this city of water.

Blooming flowers dressed themselves in violet and magenta, decorating the mossy walls of each river pathway. Tour guides and tourists from worldwide took their turns, riding rowing boats that drifted down the gentle stream.

The cherry blossom season was approaching quickly, causing a minor transformation in the trees. Fragrant petals of pink fell into the water, swimming with the current that had been running for centuries.

Aki took my hand, rushing me over to the edge of the fence. "Show me, show me!" he giggled excitedly, stomping his baby feet. I swiftly teleported behind the toddler, getting on my knees and hugging him from behind.

But when he tried to catch me by, I was no longer there. All Aki could hear were my humming laughs, before he felt a gust of wind above his head. I waved at him, my body floating and hovering above the ground.