part 15

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

The restaurant was dressed in marble pillars and expensive wooden floorings that reflected the shining diamonds off the chandeliers. Professional chefs danced with their honed steel knives, tossing up chunks of food just to accurately cut it with a single swipe. The ceilings were tiered, more expensive than any valuable I owned.

I clung onto Hawks' arm, the pro hero flashing bright smiles and chuckling loudly at the brewing flames. Every now and then a shroud of warmth would blast at our face, the oiled grills which were neatly placed in front of every padded seat blasting up in red fire.

The aromas tasted delicious, just the cloaking of each flavor over my tongue making me melt. I grew hungrier by the second, but the loud jazz and ecstatic cheers drowned out its desperate whines. Expensive paintings covered the walls, complimenting the fake plants which lingered in every far corner.

All eyes turned to us when we walked in, the noble crowd staring and whispering, saying all sorts of things.

"Oh, my god! Is that the real Hawks?"

"Do you think that chick is his girlfriend?"

"He looks so cool in person!"

"Mmph." I murmured through the slight part in my lips, burrowing my head deeper into the crevice of Hawks' bicep. His strong cologne overtook the savory smells of golden steak and flavorful barbecue, making me roll my eyes to the side in silence. I almost stepped on his glossy shoes, too.

"Hey! Reservation for two, the name's Hawks." he spoke loudly, half of his body leaning over the hostess station. His twitching body made me grasp on tighter, like a parasite not wanting to remove itself from its stolen body.

"What's up with you?" he laughed at me, waiting patiently as the busy employee scrolled over the clean screen of their digital pad. I shook my head, eventually scraping my chin over his expensive leather suit and facing my worrying eyes up at him. "Don't worry! I know you're hungry."

"Soon, (Y/N)." he caressed over the back of my head, even taking the moment to twirl a few strands of my soft hair around the tip of his long index finger. "You'll get to eat all the alfredo pasta you want!"

"And you'll eat the mega juicy, ultra delicious steak?" I asked, my cheeks squished against his arm, making my head look like the content of a sandwich.

He hung his head lower, to the point where I could feel each breath he took flutter over the bulb of my highlighted nose. Every soft inhale of his, each skipping heartbeat, I could hear everything. But still, I couldn't read him. Hawks was the only person who seemed invincible against my quirk.

"Hell yeah, you know I will!" he chuckled, the silent moment exchanged between both of us. For a short second, I swear I almost got a grasp on it, the thing he had been hiding within the darkest depths of his twisting head. Though I was interrupted, the employee's voice signaling us our table was ready.

"Alright, you two! Please follow me." she extended forth her palm, before taking the lead and slowly prancing over to our reserved table. Hawks and I broke our locked gaze, my cleavage relaxing as I pulled my body away from him.

She led us to a booth, the cushioned seats fashioned in a dark red. Bright ceiling lights illuminated the area from above, a stainless steel grill situating itself upon the middle of the glazed table. I slid my body through the small crevice, the slit of my dress edging up my glistening legs.

My dangling earrings felt heavy, like bulky weights placed on each side of my head. Nonetheless, I found myself relaxing, excited to see the menu. The surface of the table was decorated with complimentary napkins and chopsticks, there was barely any space for dishes or plates.

"A waiter will be with you right away." our hostess alerted, before prancing off into the distance, heading back for her work station.

Hawks broke apart a set of wooden chopsticks, clacking the tips together as he spread them apart. "At this type of restaurant, the chefs come to your table and cook right in front of you!" he yelled, our knees accidentally bumping into each other underneath the table. "Isn't that awesome?"

"That sounds so cool!" I smiled, tilting my head to the side as I reached for the napkin tray.

"Oh, let me get that for you-" I heard from Hawks, but by the time he had reached over to the small platter, my hand had already arrived. I froze for a second, the rings on his fingers grazing over mine, as imaginary electric sparks flew throughout the air. "Hah! Never mind.." he joked it off.

I flushed red, the insides of my cheeks tasting like sour lemons as I brought over the thin napkin. It was normal for Hawks and I to come in contact, but this time felt different. "So, anyways." I gathered the stacked menus, its slick cover reflecting away the chandelier's rays. "You're ordering the steak, right?"

"Actually." he chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his scalp as he dug his painted nails into his head. "This is my first time eating here." he glared down at the menu.

I could barely read anything, all of the text translated poorly into foreign languages. My eyes peeled open as I showered the heavy menu with mean glares, looking around as if something was wrong. Only some words was I able to make out, such as "salmone grigliato" because that's gotta be grilled salmon, right?

"You're unbelievable." I snickered quietly, Hawks as baffled and confused as I was. "Guess we'll just have to depend on the pictures, huh?"

"Yeahh, I know!" he laughed, but then finally discovered what he wanted to eat tonight. "Should I get this?" he asked me, pointing the menu's display right at my face.

"It's up to you, get whatever you want." I hummed, trailing my fingers over the soup section of the menu. "I've found my choice, too."

"I'm gonna go with the bistecca, dunno what that is, but it looks good!" he exclaimed, before calling over a waiter and skipping past the interval time.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; HIII GOODMORNING EVERYONE!!

i started watching jujutsu kaisen w/ my sister and may i just sayMAY I JUST SAY

MAHITO IS SOOO FINE OMALAWWDDD

credit to: uji_c_m on Twitter
words: 1078

credit to: uji_c_m on Twitterwords: 1078