part 83

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

Aki's bucket hat didn't fit his head, so he constantly had to slide it up or else it would block his eyes. He clung tightly onto my hand and then walked out the narrow hallway, pointing his chin up to the air as if he were royalty.

"We're going out." I kissed Keigo on the cheek, before trying my best to adjust the loose string on Aki's hat.

"Yeah, just the two of us!" Aki sprung up, standing on his tippy-toes and forgetting all about the earlier argument. "We're gonna go shopping, and eat a lot of yummy food!"

Keigo pat Aki's head, chuckling at him before gently pulling me by the waist. "Awwh, man! Why don't I ever get included in all the fun?" he teased, while Aki ran in pacing circles and continued to blow up the rim of his hat.

"You seriously wanna go picking flowers?" I leaned back slightly into Keigo's arm and laughed. "Didn't know you were that much of a kid."

"Hey, I'm not a kid!" Keigo pouted his lips and clutched his heart, creating a fold of wrinkles in his shirt, exactly like a kid. "If anything, Aki's the damn kid in the house!" he complained and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, Aki *is* a kid." I held Aki near my thigh, twirling the tips of his long hair into faint drills. "And you're like what, thirty?!"

"Waaahh, that's so mean!" Keigo twisted his clenched fists near his eyes, making out tears that never ended up falling. "Hurry up already, and go pick your damn flowers.." he made fake sobbing sounds.

"Oki-doki!" Aki cheered, holding up his hand. He let his spread fingers flow, patiently waiting for Keigo to react. "High-five!" he flashed his small baby teeth, which were white yet tinged with a healthy shade of yellow.

"High-five, kid." Keigo pressed his palm against Aki's, a caring grin extending over his radiant cheeks. Aki tugged on my hand, slowly dragging me out of the room and closer to our front door. "Catch ya later."

"Bye-bye!" Aki waved dramatically, the shine of the sun lighting up the right side of his face. His hair appeared an even brighter color, and one could see all of the minor details in his honey-colored pupils.

I closed my eyes when I smiled,  my hands locked with the toddler who only reached the height of my thigh. "Catch you later, Keigo." my hair flew in the breeze, sharp blades of glass and thin stems of flowers whisking away.

Aki released his tight grip off my hand, skipping steps on our gravel pathway and basking in the warmth of the morning sun. He danced through the colorful petals, cherry blossoms swarming around him like a whirlwind of feathers.

He giggled after every step, stomping his small feet on the ground. Aki hummed in harmonious melodies after jumping over fake patches of molten lava, imaginary puddles that could only be seen in his childish brain.

I curled my fingers around our tote bag's handle, the hem of my skirt slightly swimming up into the air. I followed after Aki, keeping close to his ruffled feathers that spread out across the small space in our vast yard.

Aki pointed his nose up to the sky, his bucket hat nearly sliding off the top of his head. He breathed in the natural aroma, the fragrance emitting off varied species of flowers and cedar pine trees.