part 36

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Knock."

"Huh?" I sat up, folding back the sandpaper pages of my current novel. "Maybe it's just the air conditioning." I mumbled to myself, making up worthless excuses so that I wouldn't have to open the door.

The reflective knob began to jitter rapidly, forcing my body off the cushioned sofa. The bare soles of my feet scraped against the fluffy carpet, our bright ceiling light illuminating up the room, since the moon was shrouded by a dark cloud.

I set aside the book, one which I had found within the dusty shelves of Keigo's empty office. Its topics dwelled over foreign species of insects, documenting their unique habitats and smart feeding behaviors. Surprisingly, I found it to be interesting.

"That's odd. I'm not expecting anyone, am I?" I questioned myself, worrying if I had forgotten a special occasion. "What if Tsuyu and Cha made plans?!"

Standing up on the tips of my toes, I squinted my right eye and peeked through the peephole. My hands fell onto the door, the cold wood hitting against my palms. However, I couldn't recognize anything.

"Higherr." I whispered, straining myself to the maximum so I could get a closer look. The only thing visible to me was the color red, like when someone pressed their thumb against the back camera of their mobile device.

"Who is it?" I asked, reaching my hands down to the lock. "Tsuyu?! Cha, are you there?"

Yanking the door open, the difference in temperature between Keigo's penthouse and the golden corridor collided together. I was hit with a wave of heat, one that felt unpleasant against my skin.

"Look, man. I didn't order room service, so bug off!" I scoffed loudly, crossing my arms. "Also, quit blocking the peephole. That's a safety hazard, you know?"

"Bug off?" the man laughed, his heart-throbbing voice connecting shivers to my spine. Once I opened my eyes, I realized my big mistake. "Don't be so mean, beautiful."

"Keigo!" I squealed, jumping forward with open arms. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I grouched, his muscular arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me into an embrace.

His chin smashed against the top of my head, his quiet chuckles tickling my ears. I burrowed my face into his muscular chest, the sleek Dri-Fit material of his bodysuit rubbing against my cheek. "I wanted it to be a surprise, silly."

Keigo fluttered his vermilion wings, engulfing me with every subtle feather. "Mind telling me who's Tsuyu and Cha?" he asked, rubbing down my back. His vanilla cologne had been masked with sweat and body odor, he desperately needed a shower.

I pulled away from his foul stench, allowing him back into the once-lonely penthouse. Locking the door behind us, I faced Keigo and began to take off his tinged yellow shades. "You're not gonna believe this, but."

"They're my classmates! I reunited with them at the mall once you left." I glided his faux fur-lined jacket off, descending it down his forearms. I slung it over my shoulder, exposing Keigo's biceps.

"Damn, seriously? That's pretty lucky, if you ask me." he spoke, clicking his shades between the tips of his index and middle fingers. "Did you receive my letters?"

I thought back to his 3rd letter, the one regarding penguins and his suspicions. Breaking out into laughter, I nodded my head and remembered the other four.

"Eeyyy, (Y/N)! I did what you asked, and gave those weak villains an ass whooping. If you're reading this right now, I hope you're proud of me. From your birdie, Keigo."

"You know what I want to do when I get back home? I want to take you above the clouds, holding you within my wings, and never letting go. Madly in love, Keigo."

"Is it just me, or are flamingos also really suspicious? Can we even include them in the bird family? They're pink, for god's sake! Don't even get me started on their long necks, it's just creepy. I'm freaked out, Keigo."

"Heyyy, beautiful! It's my last day here. When I get back, you better treat me to a shower of kisses, alright? Hopeful, Keigo."

"Yeah, I received all of them." I giggled to myself, fiddling my thumbs and wandering down the dimly lit hallway.

Keigo fluttered his wings, floating slightly above ground and passing beside me. He laughed in my face, flashing me his brightest smile and touching up on topics we had discussed previously. "So, like I was saying."

"Penguins, flamingos.. Oh, oh! Even uh- seagulls?" he tilted his head to the side, it was something he did when he found himself confused.

"Okay, now you're just pulling stuff out of your ass." I began to walk faster, making a sharp turn into our bathroom. Missing the light switch, I prepared myself for a bath in the dark.

The full moon from outside illuminated our bathroom with twilight hues, lighting up the sink countertops and even the outline of our bathtub. My skin felt like ice, my body untouchable as I slowly undressed.

"Come on, hear me out. Don't seagulls look so weird? Their back arch is horrifying." he spoke into my ear, undoing the clasp on my shining necklace. Keigo's soft hands explored down my hips, his touch electric.

"Are you sure that you're not a government spy?" I laughed, tilting my head back onto his broad shoulder as the two of us looked into the reflective mirror. "It's not everyday you see a man with wings."

"Alright, who's more suspicious? A penguin, or a man with wings?" he asked, undoing his utility belt and curling his fingers into my bare stomach.

"The man with wings is more suspicious." I teased, his rapid heartbeat thumping against my back. Leaning back against his body, I sank into his muscular chest- his usual intoxicating feeling rendering my body limp.

"That's so mean, (Y/N)." he whined, fluffing up his honey-blonde hair in the mirror. I felt Keigo's tickling breath topping over my shoulder, making my legs tremble slightly.

The two of us stood in darkness, the symmetrical tiles of the bathroom floor hitting against the bottoms of our feet. We were alone, the full moon outside a mere bystander. When I was with Keigo, the physical world ceased to exist.

"You know.." he gripped tighter onto my sensitive stomach, squeezing it enough to make me feel sick. "I really, really love you."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; i took this picture of my cat exactly 1 year ago

her name is bella idk shes kinda weird 😐

credit to: nachiii_omg on Twitter
words: 1102

credit to: nachiii_omg on Twitterwords: 1102