part 74

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

An hour later into our long road trip, I found myself fast asleep. Of course, that excluded Aki and Keigo, who were making some questionable conversations while I laid unconscious and covered with two layers of blankets.

"What does being psychic mean?" Aki asked.

"It means that she can summon cockroches and control their brains to make them fly into your mouth!" Keigo tapped the steering wheel with his hands and laughed.

"All types of bugs, Ak. She can actually talk to animals too, because she has multiple quirks." Keigo lied, but Aki bought all of it. He screamed and backed away from me, his hands shivering in fear.

"No, you're lying!" Aki yelped, poking my head with his index finger. "Mama can't do that, can she?"

"Right? You can't do that, right?" Aki lifted up my hair and whispered into my ear, making me mumble and change positions. He locked his arms around my head, laying on top of me and curling his toes.

"But how did you meet Mama anyways?" Aki combed through my hair, his ruffling wings making it look like I had a set of my own.

"Funny story." Keigo smirked to himself and chuckled, the car making another sharp turn into an unknown road. "She was my assistant for four years, Ak."

"Woaahh! So she must be like really strong, yeah?" Aki giggled, happy to hear that I was a pro hero of some sort. "And you fought bad guys together, like pow-pow-pow!"

"She was too precious, so I couldn't bring myself to have her tag along on missions." Keigo stared at me through the reflection of the rear-view mirror. "I've always felt this weird responsibility to protect her."

"She graduated from U.A and was chosen to work alongside me. That's a pretty big deal, if I do say so myself!" Keigo continued, spurting out words that Aki hadn't learned the meanings towards just yet.

"What's U.A?" Aki acted like a teacher's pet in class, focusing all of his drawn attention to his instructor. "She got chosen for a course?"

"U.A is the most prestigious hero course school in all of Japan." when Keigo said that, anyone could see the stars that infiltrated Aki's honey eyes. Hundreds of new dreams and aspirations formed in front of us, just because of a few spoken words.

"Do you think that maybe one day, I can get into U.A?" Aki blushed red and covered his chubby cheeks, kicking his legs off the edge of the chair. "You went to U.A too, didn't you?"

"Nah, I went.. somewhere else." Keigo awkwardly sighed, swarming Aki's face with his vermilion feathers and breaking the uncomfortable silence. "But yeah, you could definitely get into U.A."

"I'll train you, alright?" Keigo pat his head, messing Aki's fluffy hair and creating unwanted tangles. "How does that sound, Ak?"

"Awesome!" Aki cheered, hitting the ceiling of the car with clenched fists. "I'm gonna be the strongest kid in my class with your help, Hawks!"

"Hawks?" Keigo clamped his jaw, speaking through the tight grid of his teeth. "So, I'm 'Hawks' now?"

"If I'm gonna be your sidekick, then we need to call each other by our hero names." Aki innocently exclaimed, not realizing the hidden meaning behind the alias. "Cuz I wanna keep it professional!"

"I see, yeah- I get it! So what's your hero name, Ak?" Keigo withheld a painful grin, keeping his eyes on the asphalt road the entire time. I hid my ears with the fluffy blanket, wanting to block out their loud noise.

"..My hero name?" Aki slouched his back and sulked into his comfortable seat, his fingers grazing over an imaginary scruff on his chin. "Umm- well. I'll just stay as Ak, that'll be my hero name!"

I peeled my eyes open and flipped over, staying unnoticed while the two continued to talk. My eyes burned and stung, but I just kept quiet and watched back. Seeing Aki happy made my heart flutter, his smile contagious.

"Simple and quick, I like it!" Keigo high-fived Aki, doing a special handshake that they came up with months ago. "I'm excited to train with you, kid." Aki was ecstatic, flailing his hands in his seat and doing a dance.

"Can Mama train with us too?" Aki clasped his hands together in praying motion, using his famous puppy-dog eyes to beg and plead. "And do you think I'll ever get psychic superpowers? Like hers?"

"We'll have to wait and see, Ak. You still have two more years left." what Keigo meant by this was that by the time one reaches age five, if they don't have any signs of an inherited quirk, then they're deemed quirkless and get added to the minority twenty-percent.

"Wouldn't that be totally cool, though? Imagine if I had psychic powers! That would make me really helpful on missions, wouldn't it?" Aki stomped on the floor, dreaming about all of the future quirk features that he had a chance of inheriting.

"I bet it would, Ak. I bet it would." Keigo responded, one of his hands reaching up behind his head.

"It's not all about the cool factor, y'know?" I giggled, sitting upright against the cushioned backseat. "Real heroes don't care about the wealth or fame."

"Real heroes prioritize helping others, that's their job, after all." I fiddled my thumbs and gazed out the foggy windows, swimming dewdrops streaming down each blade of sharp grass.

I yawned into my hand, the night sky turning blue in front of our eyes. As the shining sun arose past the slit of the grand horizon, the grey clouds from before lit up and turned into white blankets of winter snow.

"And of course-" I looked at Keigo and Aki through the rear-view mirror, a blooming grin on my face. "I'd love to train with you!"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; why is math so hard omg.. he's telling us about how if we want to become scientists or doctors we need to be good at math like PLSS

honestly my dream is just to become a housewife yknow? like have someone else support me and do all the work while i just clean and cook, since i'm fairly good at those things.

anyways TWO THINGS
• found out a good plot for my dabi fic
• i literally forgot hang on ummm

oh yeah, i was planning to end this fic at like 80 parts but i've come up with so many more things to do and write so i'm just gonna.. keep writing until i can't write anymore

IF YOU WATCHED THIS SHOW PLZ DO THIS..
personally mine was blueberry muffin and lemon meringue

credit: Kohei Horikoshi & dazaisluvv on Instagramwords: 1123

words: 1123