part 57

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

My rolled up hoodie sleeves fell back down to my wrists, the warm fabric getting wet by the running tap water. I rinsed off the cheap pregnancy test, so I wouldn't have to get my fingers dirty with any excess urine.

The crackling television in the background played in a murmur, while the windowed walls of our penthouse froze over with midnight frost and pretty icicles. I felt a nauseating feeling in my stomach, but at this point that had become normal.

Floating metal spoons and torn sheets of paper towel swam through the air, patiently waiting for my hands to clear up, so that I could arrange them in their assigned spots. But then they all dropped, slamming against the floor and leaving spots of dripping water.

I groaned loudly against the marble countertops, my back slouching as I leaned against the edge. My forehead absorbed the cold touch, as my knees straightened and my legs stretched out towards the island table.

I wrapped my arms around my head, like an elementary student taking a quick nap at their desk. My headache spiraled and twisted, the pain unbearable. Pair that with the nausea, and I knew that I was about to go insane.

Even though I wanted to cry, I just couldn't force the tears out. The pregnancy test that had been hanging off the tips of my fingers fell into the metal sink, sticking into the drain and creating a clacking noise.

My eyes were teary and red, still burning from all the salty rivers I had poured out earlier. "Keigoo..!" I sniffled, whining aloud as if he could hear my call. "Where is he?" I stared down at the floor, my budging toes curling against the spotless oak wood.

A jingle of keys outside the front door filled me with the energy and motivation I needed, but my relief was short-lived. I fumbled with the plastic pregnancy test, shoving it into a cabinet and slamming it closed.

I slowly made my way to the door, sneaking a peek into the peephole that never seemed to function anyways. Keigo held the door with his feet, since he no longer had the strength or willpower to work today.

His voice was slightly lost, a raspy grunt erupting from his throat. Keigo's eyeliner was smudged, and the front bangs of his hair were visibly greasy and pounded with all sorts of styling products. "Well, that only took 12 hours of my fuckin day."

I laughed and helped him come in, shutting the door behind him and taking off his heavy fur-lined jacket. "Awh, tough time?" he collapsed onto the floor in front of me, nuzzling against the floorboards as if it were his bed.

"Hell yeah!" he mumbled into the ground, the base of his vermilion wings folding back and covering the custom hole in his hero costume. "I don't wanna do anything anymore."

"Tell you what, how about I cook up your favorite tonight?" I bent my knees and knelt down, Keigo's pointed nose directing up at me as his strained his neck to peek. "Chickenn!" I hummed and giggled.

Keigo jumped up, an instant lively attitude forming in front of my eyes. "Seriously?! You're the best!" he flashed me his pearly whites, before puffing up a falling strand of his hair with a single breath. "Anyways.."

"While you do that, I think I'm gonna go ahead and shower. I feel awful, man." he adjusted the tall coat hanger, setting it aside. I nodded my head and accepted his forehead kiss, even his lips felt sticky and covered with wiped pigment and gloss.