part 45

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I woke up to an empty bed, the moonshine gleaming through our regal curtains. "Huh?" I rubbed my eyes, a low whine ringing both of my ears. "Are the walls really that thin?" I thought, giving myself a moment to ponder on the weird sound.

"Keigo?" I asked in a whisper, sliding my feet off the edge of the bed and skating them into house-slippers. "Where are you?"

The squeaking whispers only grew louder as I explored our lonely bedroom. I snuck a peek into the hallway, where beams of blue light struck out of the last room. My footsteps were silent, not a single peep.

But the silence wasn't a mutual love, because now- I could only hear yells of pain. Howls and sobbing screams tossed me aback, making my knees jitter and almost sending me back into bed.

I sprinted into the frame of the door, my eyes bloodshot as I saw swarms of vermilion feathers dug into the enclosing walls. They were sharpened to darts, honed enough to become lethal and dangerous.

"I don't want to become like my father.." Keigo huffed, his muscular arms tangled around his legs. In front of him was a computer screen, playing out a meeting from work that he had been attending for hours.

Sweat streamed down his temples, his fists clenched and ready to throw punches. Keigo's camera had been shut off, and so was his microphone that wasn't picking up any noise. "Anything but that, pl-please.."

"Please!" he wailed from the top of his lungs.

When I touched him, he flinched back and began to shake. Almost as if he was terrified of me, though I knew that wasn't the case. Smudged black eyeliner and pecks of dirt and grease dirtied his clear skin- which was now breaking out in clusters of small bumps.

"I'm right here, baby!" I clung on, burrowing my face into his tensed shoulder. My nails dug into his back, as the pro hero flailed his arms and went feral in front of me. "You never cry over work, so what's wrong?"

"..None of that matters, none of this matters." he breathed heavily, his lungs ready to give out. Keigo's cheeks were sodden with salty tears, his eyes furrowing in pain as his heart shattered like glass castles. "Just stay with me, please.."

I crawled into Keigo's cramped lap, wrapping my arms around his neck and my feet around the backbone of his cushioned seat. "Okay." I whispered, closing my eyes and sulking into the lump of his throat.

Keigo shut his eyes, his tears falling like never-ending waterfalls. His back was free from feathers, since they were scouted around the room and shot into the walls. He held me tighter than he ever has before, I could no longer breathe.

Sounds from his sniffles and low whines sliced through my core like heated knives, and while I couldn't imagine his struggles- his pain was contagious. My body was frozen, yet I felt ready to stay here for hours without end.

My toes curled and flinched with each digging pain, the pro hero's nails dredging into my back. "Keigo?" I asked, my words stuttering and barely being able to form. "What type of man was your father?"

"A man that I never want to remember." he sighed, a monotone look painted against his canvas of a face. "Heroes like you and I, our entire purpose is to defeat people like him."

"Oh." I realized, the shockwave hitting me like an outlet of electricity. "I see.." was all I could think of and say, because I didn't want to push him any further.

The clock was ticking, every passing moment affecting the digital timer. I counted numbers in my head, resetting the string once I reached ten. "Tell you what, baby." I pulled away, his drenched cheeks finally beginning to dry. "I'll go prepare a bath for you, alright?"

"Does that sound like something you'd want?" I brushed over his forehead, planting light kisses upon his bleeding lips. Keigo continued to huff and puff, yet he nodded his head in agreement.

I crawled out of his lap, stepping away and drawing further from his reclined seat. He curled up into a ball, shielding his face from any source of blue light. I couldn't help but wonder what happened, because the unwanted thoughts of childhood had never affected him until now.

Faintly stumbling into the bathroom, I flicked my finger over the plastic light switch. "Just suck it up, (Y/N)." I repeated to myself, fixing every tap and gathering Keigo's favorite towel. "You're not the one in pain here."

The warm water burst out, filling up the tub steadily and fairly quickly. I blocked the drain, and slid the translucent glass shower doors open. I floated a bottle of soothing soap into my hand, twisting open the cap and pouring a few milliliters in.

And just like that, swimming bubbles began to form in front of my eyes. Some even flew into the air, soaring just like birds. Their rainbow shine and heart-melting scent were nostalgic, reminding me of home.

I dipped the tip of my index finger into the steaming bath, drawing images that resembled hearts and happy days. Keigo's footsteps made me flinch, his arms crossed as he ventured into the frame of the bathroom door.

"Heyo." he greeted, holding back whatever caused him to explode a few minutes ago. I looked back at the pro hero, my eyes barely resisting the urge to sneak peeks at his perfect abs. Keigo was shirtless, dressed in nothing but a set of grey underpants.

"Hey, you." I giggled, scooting aside and allowing bubbles to waltz by. "Are you feeling better?" I asked.

"Yeahh, something like that." he smiled for only a mere second, but that was enough for me. "Thanks for preparing a bath for me, that's real kind of ya."

"No prob!" I beamed.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

AN; HIII HOW IS EVERYONE? i cant stop listening to euphoria by BTS LMFAO

my sister has been wanting this saiki plush for a while and i finally managed to snag it for her, but it's a surprise 🙄🙄 (it's available on aliexpress btw!)

credit to: uji_c_m on Twitter
words: 1045

credit to: uji_c_m on Twitterwords: 1045