part 60

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

At first it was just a gentle peck on my forehead, which I easily ignored and brushed off as Aki's drool. However, once I felt the shuffling near the feet of our bed, I couldn't just run it under the rounded rug.

"K-Keigo?" I rubbed my eyes, sitting upright on our bed as the snoozing toddler crawled up beside me. "What are you doing up so late?-"

"I gotta fly." he mumbled under his breath, shoving his fur-lined coat over his broad shoulders. "Love ya." he grinned for the last time, but that curve instantly faded away and transformed into another poker face.

"What?!" I yelped, my voice dry and hoarse as it was the middle of the night. I wrapped my body within the wrinkled blanket, heaving my feet off the edge of the bed and reaching my hand out to the pro hero.

"Hold on a sec!" the tone of my voice heightened with worry, as my toes curled into the soft carpet. "What do you mean?"

Our room was cold, and the thin glass door leading out to our balcony was kicked open. Midnight temperatures from outside gusted in with no care for personal bubbles, whisking aside the tips of my hair and shaking the curtains.

The only thing illuminating up the room was the moon, a magnificent full circle shining past our spotless windows. My arms were covered in blankets of goosebumps, my hair standing up and lingering over the edge.

The abstract paintings hanging on our walls turned into disfigured creatures, birds turning into tarantulas- and rabbits turning into wolves. Every surrounding wall began to cave in, enclosing me in this dark dome.

His wings appeared black due to the lighting, folded and ruffling with the breeze. Cleaned streaks of drool no longer anchored around the corners of his mouth, and all I could see was the feral glow in his golden eyes.

"Answer me, Keigo!" my voice cracked, and whether or not it was from the dryness or just pure emotion- I honestly couldn't tell. "Please, please, tell me."

"Can't we just go back to bed? N' cuddle with Aki.." I didn't want to cry, but was this really happening? The only possibility of where he was headed to was something I wanted to forget, I didn't want to accept it.

"Come on, quit flashin me those pretty eyes. You're tugging at my heartstrings." Keigo tried to smile, attempting to lighten up the mood even if it was just for a few shades. "Nothing bad is going to happen, alright?"

"But, how can we know for sure? You're safe here, you've always been!" I clenched my fingers into a fist, biting the chapped bottom of my lips and only creating a bigger sore trench. "So why now? Why, in the middle of the fucking night?!"

I noticed Aki squirming around behind me, snoring quietly and almost ready to wake up. I lowered my voice and used my eyes to plead and beg, but all my pathetic attempts turned out to be for nothing.

"Deku is going, and he has All Might's power. Endeavor's gonna be there too!" Keigo closed his eyes and smiled brightly, flashing me his teeth and showing me that same expression which made me fall in love with him in the first place.

I knew that the top three heroes were assigned to this job, but not even that comforted me. I had a weird gut feeling, a constant pull at my stomach that churned and tugged, making me sick. "Are you sure?"