Cedric Diggory- Worries (c)

The further into your pregnancy you became, the more time you spent lying down. It was the middle of the day but seen as you were eight months pregnant, you had decided that it was perfectly fine to be lying down on the sofa with your head in your husband's lap, letting you sore feet and back rest from the hell of carrying an almost full formed human around every day.

Your husband, Cedric, rested his hand on your swollen middle, as the two of you tried to not worry about the future that was rushing at you with every kick of the child growing inside of you.

"I know that it is going to be amazing raising our child but I'm sure within a few weeks of sleepless nights, I will be counting down the days until that Hogwarts letter comes through and we can go buy their uniform and books in Diagon Alley and ship them off to school for most of the year," you chuckled.

Although you were excited to be a mother, you knew the stresses would become worse and you would find some elements easier and harder in comparison to the stresses that came with pregnancy.

"But then we will have to wait for their first owl home to see if we have to support a different house to the one, we grew up in," he shrugged.

You looked up at him with a panicked expression. You hadn't considered it before, but although you were both in Hufflepuff that didn't mean your child would be as well, meaning all the stuff you had clung onto to hand down to your children would be redundant due to the house insignia on it.

"You don't think our kid will end up being a Gryffindor, do you?" You asked.

Cedric laughed at your shocked expression and leaned down to kiss your forehead. He had started to find it cute and funny by the random things that would worry you recently when the labour and general raising of your child seemed to make the most sense to you.

"Don't be silly, love," he smiled. "We are both Hufflepuffs and I doubt that we will end up raising a Gryffindor. But if it so happened that our child was a Gryffindor, we would always love them unconditionally."

You nodded your head, the concerns slowing within you as it started to make more sense to you.

"I will always love them, no matter what."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.