Hermione Granger- Cry (c)

You had hung back after class to ask your professor about the homework and which books would be best to get from the library. Normally you would leave class with Hermione and head to the library or courtyard between classes to get started on the work that needed to be done or to take a breath before you had to head to the next one. If one of you had to stay back in the classroom for whatever reason, the other would wait outside but today she wasn't waiting. You looked up and down the corridor to see if you could see her but there weren't many students milling about, so it was clear that Hermione wasn't one of them.

Heading around the corner, you saw her mess of brunette hair heading down the stairs, in the opposite direction of anywhere you would normally go to.

"Hermione," you called out down the stairs but she either didn't hear you or was ignoring you, neither of which seemed normal for her.

You rushed down the stairs as quickly as you could to catch up to her. You finally reached her at the bottom of the staircase.

"'Mione, I need to go to the library," you smiled, gently touching her arm to help get her attention.

She tried to hide her face from you but you couldn't miss the glisten of tears upon her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" You questioned. "Did I do something? Is that why you didn't wait for me?"

"Just go to the library," she sniffled. "I'll see you in transfiguration."

You weren't about to go away that quickly. "What's wrong? I hate seeing you upset."

Hermione paused for a moment before looking over to you with her tearful eyes. She rubbed at the tears trying to remove them with the sleeve of her robes but more instantly began to brim.

"It's nothing," she whispered. "I was just waiting for you and Draco, asked what you saw in me. His friends started to laugh about my teeth and my hair and how boring I am. It just made me think about what you do see in me because really there isn't anything."

Instantly you wanted to wrap up in a tight hug but you knew it wasn't what she needed right now. Her insecurities had been something that you knew about since before your relationship and although you knew they held no truth to everyone else, they were all too real to her.

"Oh Hermione," you smiled softly, taking her hand in yours. "Why can't you see how much you mean to me?"

"I just don't see why I mean anything to you."

You pushed some of her hair out of her face, stopping it from sticking to her teary cheeks.

"Because I love you, everything included. Everyone has good and bad, and I love you for all of it."

It was clear she didn't fully believe you, but a gentle smile curled onto her lips. You knew it wasn't going to change anytime soon but the more you assured her the truth, the more she would start to see the good in herself.

~*~

Tumblr Request

Written by Charlotte.