Harry Potter- Glasses (c)

You had finished getting ready for bed when your husband swapped you and went for a shower. You headed back to your bedroom in your bathrobe, changed into your pyjamas and got into bed with your current book to get a few more pages read before Harry would join you for sleep. The time flew by quickly as you finished up your chapter as Harry joined you in the bedroom.

Although dried from his shower, his towel still hung around his waist ready for him to change into the pyjamas that were folded at the foot of his side of your double bed. He begun to pass the chest of drawers when he paused.

"Have you seen my glasses?" He questioned.

"You weren't wearing them when you came into the bathroom," you stated.

You both had a nightly routine that you tended to stick to without fail, one part of which involved him leaving his glasses on his chest of drawers so that he could retrieve them after his shower and before bed to either transfer to the bedside table for the morning or for him to wear whilst he would also read before bed. You looked over to the chest of drawers, not trusting Harry to have not completely overlooked them but you couldn't see them on the side.

"I know," he sighed. "I swear I left them here. I always leave them here."

You watched him look over the side, moving a couple of knickknacks to see if they had happened to end up under or behind them.

"Can you help me look please?" He asked. "I can't really see to find them."

You let out a laugh before putting your book down on your bedside table with a bookmark holding your place.

"What a cruel irony it is to lose your glasses," you chuckled.

He shot an unimpressed look in your direction as he continued to look, bending down to try and see if they fell under the drawers, clutching onto his towel and dignity. Within a couple of steps around the bed you turned your attention to his pyjamas on the bed and noticed they weren't as neatly folded as they normally would be, a lump formed below them. Picking them up, you revealed the round spectacles.

"You put them on the bed," you stated, handing them to him. "You're lucky you didn't sit on them."

He put on the glasses, giving you an apologetic smile. "Thank you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.