Charlie Weasley- Kiss (c)

It was a rather rural area where you lived with few houses at a great distance between them. Growing up the Weasley's were the closest family to your own meaning you were raised alongside the seven rambunctious children, befriending them all and leading to you falling in love with the second oldest son who was a year old than you. You never thought that Charlie could feel the same, rather seeing you as the weird neighbour kid who hung around with him and his brothers and tried to beat him at quidditch which rarely happened.

Now the two of you were adults and your feelings weren't any less than they had been for several years. You had been invited over for dinner whilst you were visiting your parents, to see the second family you had grown up with after having been away for a little while for schooling. It was nice to see them all, but you were surprised to be invited after dessert out into the garden by the man who had always held your heart. You were mainly glad to have a breath of fresh air. It was a relatively small house filled with far too many people, so it was nice to get a break, out by the backdoor and anytime spent with Charlie managed to put a smile on your face.

"I never get used to all of you sat around the table," you smiled, wrapping your arms around your middle to try and keep warmth.

"I don't think any of us do," he chuckled. "With everyone getting older, there is just less room and more arguments and bickering. I'm sure I can even hear the twins from Romania."

Conversation seized as the cool evening began to stiffen, attacking you both before Charlie turned back to you, a nervous look in his eyes.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked.

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "You're my best friend, of course you can tell me anything."

He took a deep breath before starting. "I've always thought I loved you like a sister or a friend but only when distance was put in place did, I realise that I felt completely differently about you. All I wanted was to come back to England and find you and profess my undying love to you. I just wanted to cup your cheeks in my hands and kiss you as though my life depended on it. I couldn't bear looking at you over dinner without you knowing how I felt."

It felt as though your heart swelled in your chest with every dream you had throughout your life coming true.

"You don't know how long I've waited for you to say that," you smiled softly.

Charlie took a step forward. "Can I kiss you?"

Before either of you could say or do anything the matriarch of the Weasley family, stuck her head out of the kitchen window with a splendid grin upon her face. "Say yes!"

~*~

Written by Charlotte.