Fleur Delacour- Daze (c)

Although everyone's focus was on Harry and the questioning, he was under for his name ending up in the Goblet of Fire, all you could focus on was Fleur and the fact her eyes were focused on the oldest Weasley stood in the corner of the room. No matter how loud the others in the side chamber were being, she was smiling fondly at the redheaded man who was far more interested in the conversation to do with the chosen one than the French competitor.

You let your elbow dig into the ribs of your newfound friend to knock her out of her daze. She turned to you with a scrunched-up face as she rubbed where you had hit her.

"You're staring," you smirked. "Are you fond of him?"

Her cheeks became red as she avoided your eye, looking down at her shoes.

"He is handsome," she smiled. "Do you know his name?"

"Of course, I do, Fleur," you grinned. "He's Bill Weasley, I'm in the same class as his younger brother Fred and George. I spent last summer at their home. He is nice."

She looked at you with a hopeful gleam to her eyes.

"You know him?"

"I can introduce you if you like. We aren't exactly best friends, but we played quidditch when I was staying with his parents and we got along well enough. From what I know, I think you would get along well."

Her cheeks became redder as she shook her head at you.

"I am not ready to meet him," she stated.

You rolled your eyes at her, taking a step forward but she grabbed hold of you hand, stopping you from crossing the room.

"Please," she begged. "I do not wish to make a fool of myself."

"You are gorgeous and sweet; he is going to love you. How are you meant to know that things will go well or not if you don't give it a shot?"

You pried her fingers from your hand and speedily made your way across the room without anyone else noticing due to the scene unfolding in front of you all. You tapped on the shoulder of the eldest Weasley brother before pointing out the French girl that was doing her best to hide herself but was failing. In a whisper, you told him about her and seeing his smile, you knew that he had noticed her too. Even though you had great hope for the pair, you had no idea how well the pairing would be.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.