Hermione Granger- Proposal (c)

Since you had learnt that you were a witch, life had become peculiar and uncertain every day. You didn't know what to expect and things only seemed to become worse as time passed. You never imagined that there would be a war that you would need to face nor a battle that you would be fighting in but here you were. Along with your fellow Hogwarts students, you were at the school putting up a fight against the death eaters that sought to destroy all that was good in the world.

You weren't willing to go without a fight, but you also couldn't bear the thought of dying without telling your girlfriend how much you loved her or proved that point to her. Hermione was prepared for the battle and as one of the brightest witches of her age, it wasn't surprising that she was doing a splendid job, but you needed to know that whether you both lived or died, you love had a union on the way.

The two of you stood by one another, fighting as hard as you could to keep yourselves safe but also fight for the cause.

You couldn't bear to think that the worst would come so you needed to ask the most important question in your mind now.

"This is probably a bad time," you said, waving your wand at the death eaters that were trying to kill you before you could disarm them. "But marry me?"

Hermione took a second to look at you, not knowing if she heard you right. It was hardly the proposal she was expecting, frankly assuming she'd propose to you, but that didn't mean she wasn't willing to say yes.

"I'm a little busy," she huffed, rather breathless. "We are in the midst of a battle- stupefy!"

Her sentence was disturbed by her casting a spell to keep the two of you safe.

You never imagined that you'd propose to someone in the middle of a battle, not even the woman you had grown to love so dearly but if not now, you didn't know when you would be able to ask her. Without any certainties from this battle, you needed to at least know that happiness was an option even if it isn't the future you receive.

"I know, I just need you and I to have a future because we might not get one. So please say that you'll marry me 'Mione."

A soft smile curled onto her dirt clad face. "Of course I'll marry you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.