Draco Malfoy- Arrangement (c)

As a member of a noble pureblood family, your life was mainly under their control, even when you were at school. With the Yule Ball at Hogwarts, your parents thought it to be best that you had a date from an equally noble pureblood family, regardless of the fact that you didn't enjoy the company of your date.

You knew better than to argue with your parents as it would only lead to pain for you and those that you cared for, so you agreed to the arranged date with Draco Malfoy. Your mother had decided on your gown, and you wore it with a fake smile when you were greeted at the ball by the Slytherin whom you weren't fond of.

"Good evening," you said, with a roll of your eyes, unable to continue your faux smile knowing it would only take a word out of his mouth to make you want to jump from the astronomy tower.

"Shouldn't you be pleased to be my date?" He spat. "You should be happy that our parents thought it fit for you to go on a date with me."

"I wouldn't say this is the happiest moment of my life. Once I found a galleon in my coat pocket and it was amazing," you stated. "And honestly the time I broke my arm was more enjoyable than I am sure this night will be."

He stiffened his jaw at the sound of your insult to him. You hated him on a normal day, let alone whilst you were stuck pretending to want to be his date for the night when you could have been enjoying it with your friends or literally anyone else.

"My father will hear about this," he hissed. "You cannot speak like that to me."

"It's your word against mine. Now you can either leave and get in trouble with both of our parents or you pretend to enjoy my company, because I'm not about to leave this date and face the punishment."

Draco took a second, weighing up his options. He knew that his parents would be angry if he left and likely take your side if you faced it as him abandoning you, so even if he didn't like you, it was a better fate of a bad evening than whatever his parents would do.

"Fine, but know I do not like you," he stated.

"The feeling is mutual."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request