Hermione Granger- Fake (a)

As Harry strolled off into the distance, you waved him goodbye and your faux romantic interest in him manifested itself into a blown kiss. You made sure it was loud and obnoxious enough for Hermione to hear, for it was not performed to show affection for your good friend Harry, but instead it was only to cause Hermione a certain jealousy.

"I don't think it's very necessary to be quite so loud, I think at this point everybody knows about yours and Harry's relationship so you could save yourself some energy and tone it down a little." It was quite clear that your plan with Harry to make Hermione green with jealousy was working and you could only hope that eventually it would drive Hermione to like you. "Sometimes you can like somebody without showing it every five seconds."

"I'm hardly having to make Harry fight his competition, I think he's one of the only people in this school that know of my existence, never mind see me as more than a friend." Hermione grinned to herself and brushed her curly, brunette locks behind her ear. "Are you going to tell me I'm wrong?"

She paused for a moment, giving her a brief second to think.

"I think that you shouldn't presume these things... you shouldn't presume anything but especially something like this."

"Why? Are you going to say that you like me?" She turned her face away but you still saw the feint redness of embarrassment creep over her. "Come on, don't ignore me."

"No comment." She sped forward, spouting some rubbish about being behind on homework for Flitwick's lesson but it was easy to catch up with her increased pace.

"No comment...? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It mean's exactly that. I have no comment on the matter."

"Well you have to have something to say, you either like me as a friend or you like me as more than a friend."

"Even if I did like you, I couldn't say anything. You and Harry are coming up to your month anniversary and I couldn't be the one to ruin that just because I've had some stupid crush on you ever since we were sat next to each other in first year potions." Hermione stormed off, this time almost running off ahead of you with her textbooks clutched tightly across her chest and her head low.

"Hermione!" You shouted out, she didn't reply but you knew she could still hear. "Me and Harry aren't really dating." You muttered under your breath, waiting for a better time to tell her.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.