George Weasley- Attacked (h)

Growing up you had always felt safe; you had always felt like you belonged and that nothing would ever happen to any of your family.

And you couldn't have even known how wrong you were.

When Voldemort had returned, and the Order of the Phoenix had been started up again your parents had never hesitated in resuming their old positions.

They had never once hesitated in protecting those they loved – you, your brother, their friends and your friends – and now it had ended in them being attacked.

None of you could ever have predicted what was going to happen.

You were getting ready to go back to Hogwarts and so you, your brother and your parents were cautiously visiting Diagon Alley to get your supplies.

Ever since you'd arrived something hadn't felt right, there was something off in the air and you could just feel it.

Your arm was linked firmly through your older brother's whilst your parents walked a few paces ahead.

"Y/B/N," you whispered as you walked. "Something doesn't feel right."

He nodded, not looking down at you but instead scanning the area around you both.

You took that as a sign to stay quiet and so you did so, observing every single dark nook and cranny to try and reassure yourself that everything was fine.

Just as you had that thought the alley was filled with screams.

You, your brother and your parents quickly became surrounded by those in Death Eater masks and robes.

Your brother pulled you into him, trying to shield you with his body as much as he could, and you both made eye contact with your parents.

They began to fight off the Death Eaters whilst your brother attempted to shield you and fight back.

"Go!" your dad yelled as he fought back to back with your mum.

With no hesitated your brother apparated the both of you to Grimmauld Place, not revealing headquarters until he was sure that no one had followed you.

The next few hours passed as a blur – Mrs Weasley had bustled you both into No.12 and had fussed and worried over any injuries, Mad Eye had demanded that the two of you be taken to a safe house so you couldn't be traced whilst Tonks was worried about the two of you not going into shock.

You vaguely registered Mad Eye taking you and your brother to a safe house, not having been told anything about your parents or even if anyone had gone to go and see if they were okay.

Your brother ushered you into one of the bedrooms and got you into bed. He only left when he could tell you were asleep.

Whilst you slept Molly flooed over to the twins' apartment above their shop, she knew George would want to know of what had happened to you.

She found her son in his bedroom as he sat at his desk. "George?"

He turned around at the sound of his Mum's voice. "Mum! What're you doing here?"

She sighed, pulling him into a hug. "It's Y/N."

At the mention of your name George's face paled, his mind instantly thinking the worst. "What happened?"

"Her and her family were attacked in Diagon Alley earlier today," she told him now. "Y/N and her brother have been taken to an Order house by Alastor, her parents haven't been found yet, but I knew you would want to know."

George processed this information and all he wanted to do was see you. He voiced as such to his mother and Molly could never say no to any of her children.

She quickly took George back to No.12 and soon enough he had been escorted to your safe house by Mad Eye as well.

He made his way inside and found your brother staring into space on the sofa.

"You alright Y/B/N?" he questioned.

Your brother turned, surprised at the sound of another voice but he relaxed when he realised it was only George.

"I'm sorry, my mum told me what happened."

You brother nodded as he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm alright yeah, just shaken," he stated. "Y/N is in the first room on your left, she's been asleep for a while now if you want to go and check on her."

George patted your brother on the shoulder and gave a small smile before heading up to the room you were in.

He tried to open the door as quietly as possible, but you still stirred at the sound.

"Hey there love," George greeted you as you opened your eyes.

You smiled as your eyes landed on your boyfriend and you almost forgot what had happened earlier.

George noticed the change in your expression and quickly hurried over to you. "It's okay now love, I promise."

As soon as George put his arms around you you burrowed into them, grateful for the warmth and safety that they offered.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered into your hair. "We'll get them back here as soon as we can."

You nodded against his chest, but his heart broke a little when he felt the wetness of your tears on his shirt.

He hated seeing you upset in any capacity, but this time was the worst – there was no joke, no wisecrack, no silly little prank that he could play that would even remotely make you feel better.

All he could do was hold you in his arms and whisper reassurances to you as he let you cry it out.

"I love you," he spoke out loud as he pressed a kiss into your hair, slowly beginning to rock you in his arms. "And I'm not going anywhere, okay love?"

Again, you nodded against his chest as your hand curled into the back of his shirt, gripping tightly as if to reassure yourself that he really wasn't going anywhere.

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.