George Weasley- Happiness (c)

Your plan for life wasn't to be a mother before you were married and in a secure job and secure financial state, but things had happened and there you were welcoming your daughter into the world. It may have not been the ideal plan, but you and George were in love and his business was doing well enough to provide for your now growing family.

After hours of labour, you were left covered in a sheet of sweat with your new-born daughter held close to your chest. George had tears streaming down his face as he clasped desperately to your free hand as he looked down at you and the baby in your arm.

"She's perfect," he whispered as the baby lay peacefully, one of the few moments you were sure you'd get either with her being that peaceful or without someone from his family swarming around.

"Well, she's half you, of course she's going to be perfect," you said.

He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, perching on the side of the bed beside you.

"This is probably a bad time, but marry me?"

If you hadn't been quite out of it on the drugs and hormones that tried to make childbirth, feel pleasant enough that you'd ever want to do it again, you would have dropped the baby in your arm. Although you did hope that one day he would propose and that you would be wed, you never imagined that he would propose to you whilst you were in a hospital bed, having just spent a good amount of time cursing his name and every ounce of his being.

"What?" You asked.

He smiled dopily down at you. "I didn't plan for this to be how I would propose but I honestly can't think of a better time than now to ask you to be my wife."

You felt almost giddy, not just from the pain relief.

"Of course, I want to marry you," you whispered, not wishing to disturb the sleeping infant. "I couldn't imagine anything else to make this more perfect."

George leaned down to press a kiss to the top of your head as he held you close, once again peering down at the baby in your arms. He began to fidget in his place and you knew he was excited to tell his family that his daughter had been born healthily and you were now engaged.

"Go," you said. "I know you want to tell Fred, and I'm sure as soon as you open that door, your mother will be in here wanting a cuddle from her granddaughter."

He excitedly bounded over to the door to let the onslaught of Weasley's to enter to greet the newest member of the family.

~*~

Written by Charlotte