Ron Weasley- Paint (h)

Moving into a new place was always going to be scary, whilst it was something you could prepare for you doubted you would ever be fully prepared.

And you felt as if it was even worse when it was your first place.

You and Ron had been together since your sixth year of Hogwarts, and after living with Harry and Ginny in Grimmauld Place for the last year the both of you had realised it was time to find a place of your own.

Initially Harry had tried to convince Ron not to, he liked having his best friend so close and he wasn't quite ready to give that up even if they did see each other every day at work, but luckily for you Ginny got her word in and told Harry that they can still have their usual nights of alcohol and a takeaway even if it was at a different house.

The two of you had looked for a place for well over three months; there were a lot of houses out there but none of them felt right.

It wasn't until Ron had surprised you with a viewing of one that you'd fallen in love with it. The place Ron had picked was a decent sized house out in the country, so much land surrounded it, but it was close enough to a local wizarding town that it wasn't completely isolated.

Admittedly there was some work that needing doing to it but neither of you were afraid of that, so you put the money in, and it was yours – the feeling of owning your own house was surreal.

"Ron?" you called out, having returned from a day of furniture shopping with Ginny and Fleur.

"In here!" you heard him call from one of the bedrooms upstairs.

Confused as to why he was up there you followed his voice and found him in the main bedroom at the back of the house, but when you walked in it was fully decorated.

"Hi there love," he greeted you, covered in paint.

Your confusion grew as you looked around at the soft pastels on the walls and a mural of a forest scene as a feature wall.

Ron watched as you took it all in and he felt himself growing worried, yes, he'd wanted to surprise you which was why he'd gotten Harry and his brothers involved but he didn't know how you'd react.

"I thought you'd had Fred, George and Harry over today?" you questioned, breaking your silence.

Ron rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "They were," he confirmed. "Bill came over too. They, uh, they started it all in here – I just couldn't leave the job undone."

"And what job was that exactly?"

He smiled at you, and you smiled back. "Do you remember when you first looked around the house, and you said how this room would be perfect as a nursery?" he questioned.

You nodded, still confused, as you hadn't even realised Ron had been listening to what you said about this room. It was more of a musing to yourself than a serious comment to your boyfriend.

"Well, I...uh...I mentioned it to my brothers and Harry earlier and they just came up with this out of nowhere," he started to ramble. "Fred and George went on about the mural, figured out all the fancy spell work to get it change with the day they did, whilst Harry and Bill talked out the colours and when they left only half of it was done – I couldn't just leave it," he explained it all to you nervously. "And well, I wanted to finish it I suppose, I wanted to see what it would look like."

Your heart absolutely melted at what Ron was telling you and if possible, you thought you fell for him just a little bit more.

Walking over to him, you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him gently whilst his arms went around your waist – most likely leaving a paint handprint on your butt.

"I love it," you told him once you pulled away. "It's perfect."

Ron's smile grew as he listened to you. "You really think so?"

You nodded. "I didn't even think you heard me when I said that this room would be perfect for a nursery," you admitted. "But now that it looks like this, it just makes me so excited."

"Mum would go ballistic if we had a kid before we got married," he commented as he laughed.

"Well one of them has to happen at some point," you agreed but your words only caused a smirk to appear on Ron's face.

He pulled you tighter against him. "Is that a hint?" he questioned and at your nod he picked you up so that your legs wound round his waist. "Let's see what we can do, yeah love?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.