Ron Weasley- Attention (a)

"Weasley!" Snape's boom echoed throughout the potions class and cut the choir of students into silence.

"What Sir? I didn't do anything!?" Ron protested, knowing full well that there was no fighting Snape's harsh prejudice against anyone that did not sit in his class without an emerald emblazoned uniform. "It's not like I was the only person talking!"

"To the front... Now! Come and sit next to y/s/n, hopefully if you sit next to a half decent potion brewer you won't end this year blowing up half the school." Taking his great time, Ron collected his belongings whilst also facing the ever-fear inducing gaze of Professor Snape. "If you could hurry up. I do have a lesson to teach today." The beaten, passed down leather of Ron's shoes could be heard dragging across the cold stone floor as he took what seemed like hours to pass through the rows of students. Eventually he slung his textbooks next to you with a great thud and took his seat only inches away from Snape and his bubbling, spewing cauldron.

As Snape droned on with his usual ramblings about whatever potion he had chosen to talk about today, Ron crept over to you, leaning over until you were in earshot of his subtle whispers.

"I'm Ron, what's your name?" You tired your best to ignore him, although Snape's infernal babbling was hard enough to focus on at the best of times. "Psst." He nudged your side. "I'm Ron, who are you?" You waited for Snape to turn towards his bubbling mixture, he peered down his nose at his concoction and turned his back to the class.

"I'm y/n, now, if you could please leave me alone."

"Alright, calm down, just trying to be friendly." He rolled his head backwards and let his hands loudly flip through his textbook in the vain search for a colourful picture or an easy to understand footnote. "Do you not think this stuff is bloody boring? I don't think I could pay attention if I tried."

"Interesting or not, potions will still be in our end of year exams. So again, please leave me alone, I would rather not be punished because you can't keep your mouth shut." He slammed his book shut and brought his head down on top of it, a quiet yet irritating tune fell from his pursed, whistling lips.

"If you don't let me concentrate, the next potion I make will have parts of Ron Weasley in it, and it won't be your hair." At that he scooted his chair back into it's own space, sat up and stayed quiet for the rest of the lesson.

~*~
Written by Aaron.