Nymphadora Tonks- Reunited (c)

It was hard to not like Tonks. You had initially met when you were both sorted into Hufflepuff and became fast friends and before you were out of Hogwarts, you were officially a couple. She was a big character but as you'd rather go under the radar, it worked rather well in the way that people deem opposites attracting. If it had been any other time, the two of you would have had a happy life, marrying and growing old by each other's side. You couldn't be that lucky though, you were in the midst of war and both falling into the roles of aurors, meant you had no choice but to be at the frontline.

The whole war was terrifying to think about, having already lost many good people to a fight that there should never had been. Things could only become worse though when the largest battle of the war arrived at the steps of Hogwarts, and you were both there to fight for everything you believed in. At first you tried to stay close to Tonks, not wanting to be separated from her but you couldn't control anything that was going on and quickly lost track of your girlfriend in the overwhelming fighting.

By the time the fighting seized, too many bodies lay in the rubble of the castle grounds, and you couldn't help but look at every single one, desperately hoping to not see her face. All those who were still alive were either weeping for their losses or searching for loved ones, and you were amongst them.

Every person you passed, you asked if they had seen Tonks, but no one had any information, and you didn't have much to offer them in return for their searches. As you turned the corner, you saw the purple hair that could only belong to her.

"Tonks," you shouted. "Nymphadora?"

Her head snapped in your direction before the two of you ran to meet each other.

"Normally I'd slap you silly for calling me that, but bloody hell, I'd listen to that name falling from your lips every day just to thank you for still being here," she exclaimed, wrapping her arms tightly around you.

"I just knew it would get your attention," you smiled weakly, still terrified that somehow this moment would be torn from you, but beyond grateful to even have this moment together.

As she pulled away from the embrace, she cupped your cheeks in her hands. "I love you."

"I love you too."

You shared a passionate kiss, letting the destruction from around you disappear in a simple moment of love and passion.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.